WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: GUI Interface for Wireless Connectivity?...  (Read 4518 times)

Offline kgmcneil

GUI Interface for Wireless Connectivity?...
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:10:27 PM »
Hi, Im new to this linux scene and a bit of a point and click fan myself... And I was wondering, if there is likely to be in the near future, any development of a .tce mod that would provide a simple point and click interface for connecting to a wifi network?...

Having used DSL extensively, Im kind of lost without a Pwireless interface of some sort...

I noticed online something called wlan-ui, which is small, requires gtk libs and seems to fit in with the overall small-is-sweet philosophy of Tinycore, and wondered if this would be a good candidate for such an interface?... Does anyone else have any ideas as to what would be a suitable GUI interface for wireless connectivity...? 

Its great that .tce mods exist for wireless devices for tinycore, but quite frankly, neebies like myself are at a loss as to what to do with those mods, without a gui front-end of some sort...

...just a suggestion...

..present inability to figure out the commands required to connect to an open wifi network, is the ONLY reason Im not yet using this OS more extensively...

Otherwise, I have to say, in every other way, this Tiny OS rocks!!!!!...

PS: Keep up the good work... please DO keep up the good work!...

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: GUI Interface for Wireless Connectivity?...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. Likely will come.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.