WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Terminal Server  (Read 4203 times)

Offline zoqui

Terminal Server
« on: April 29, 2009, 12:08:37 PM »
Hello,
I success on run tc under the virtual box and configured the tce source. I could also run the TC Terminal Server and boot from another machine from network. At the TC server extensions are starting up very quicly and I'm really impressed with result. But till now, I don't know how to make extensions available to the clients. Is there any boot option I should give?
I really appreciate suggestions,
Kind Regards,
Marco

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Terminal Server
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
There's no specific support (yet), so I'll just list some ways to do so:

- NFS or Samba file sharing (would require the clients to get an extension somehow, maybe remastered or from the net)
- an FTP server (ftp client is a part of the base, the server is an extension)
- TFTP (both client and server available in the base)

It's also possible to run your own TC repo, and configure your clients to use that, so appbrowser downloads from your network.

If you have any ideas for a better way, or light enough to implement in the base, feel free to present them :)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline zoqui

Re: Terminal Server
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:59 AM »
Hi
I'm here again trying something else. I'm sorry, I'm just starting on Linux and love TC.

I was able to integrated (just for test) the opera browser into a ISO image by following the instructions on Wiki post. When booting from the remastered image, the extension is working fine.  I'm now running the terminal server on the remastered image, but this extension does not seems to be available for Net machines.

I really appreciate any help

Marco