WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TinyCore Embedded in Windows  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Diaz

TinyCore Embedded in Windows
« on: September 19, 2022, 09:52:18 PM »
So I have read that TinyCore is the successor to Damn Small Linux and that that project ended under acrimonious circumstances.  Hopefully I am not bringing up a sore subject by noting that the fact that you can launch Damn Small from a .bat file in Windows and it shares the internet connection and everything is pretty great.

I was wondering whether it's possible to do the same thing with TinyCore and if so whether it's possible to run BOINC on it also.  I tried to run BOINC on TC normally a couple of days ago and experienced some dependency issues that I wasn't able to resolve, but I am far from an expert or even a CS guy, so...

I can't seem to run it on Damn Small either - I guess DS is too outdated.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: TinyCore Embedded in Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 10:30:00 PM »
Yes, that was just bundled Qemu. You can run TC in any virtual machine. However nowadays Windows has that WSL thing, it should be faster, and perhaps a better option for running BOINC.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline gadget42

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 10:59:19 PM »
The fluctuation theorem has long been known for a sudden switch of the Hamiltonian of a classical system Z54 . For a quantum system with a Hamiltonian changing from... https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25972.msg166580.html#msg166580

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 08:06:15 AM »
Oh my. The spammers are getting smarter, totally missed this one. Banning.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.