WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: how to install a boot menu with Windows & Linux  (Read 1980 times)

Offline alino74

how to install a boot menu with Windows & Linux
« on: August 18, 2022, 12:21:39 AM »
Hey guys.
 I installed Tiny Core Plus v13.1 on an ext4 partition.
 During the installation I tagged to add a boot loader.
 The boot loader created previously with EasyBCD from Windows remains set, with the Linux & Windows entries: selecting Linux only opens a prompt with grub>, Windows instead starts normally.

Could you post me a simple guide for new ones, with all the necessary steps to operate a boot menu for Windows & Tymi Core Plus already installed on a partition in Ext4?
 If simpler, modify EasyBCD appropriately (I don't know how to do it) from Windows, that's fine too.

thank you

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: how to install a boot menu with Windows & Linux
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 01:26:36 AM »
What did you use to install tinycore?

Since selecting linux brings you to a grub prompt you must have a grub config file somewhere - could you copy and paste its contents here?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 01:37:25 AM by Juanito »

Offline alino74

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 01:41:22 AM »
i used from live tc-install and installed on an ext4 partition ..... but i don't know how to find "grub config file somewhere" ... where is it usually installed ...?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 01:54:43 AM »
The file is called grub.cfg

Its location is going to depend on when it was installed and whether your machine uses a legacy bios or uefi boot - basically you are going to have to search for it.

Offline gadget42

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 02:52:22 AM »
haven't used easybcd but found this short read interesting nevertheless(mentions grub):
https://neosmart.net/wiki/easybcd/uefi/
The fluctuation theorem has long been known for a sudden switch of the Hamiltonian of a classical system Z54 . For a quantum system with a Hamiltonian changing from... https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25972.msg166580.html#msg166580

Offline alino74

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 02:56:32 AM »
could I use rescatux to automatically restore the boot menu with the list of windows and linux?

Offline gadget42

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 07:59:06 AM »
The fluctuation theorem has long been known for a sudden switch of the Hamiltonian of a classical system Z54 . For a quantum system with a Hamiltonian changing from... https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25972.msg166580.html#msg166580