WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: certificates not up to date  (Read 2478 times)

Offline brolo

certificates not up to date
« on: April 02, 2022, 11:07:27 AM »
greetings!

've been using the 'lf.tcz' package as a filemanager (v. 15).

recently, having opened a bug report on their github page (github.com/gokcehan/lf/issues/756), one of the developer's suggestions was to update 'lf' to the latest version. the compilation (in golang) failed with "error x509: certificate signed by unknown authority". they told me that tinycore certificates aren't up-to-date.

being a beginner when it comes to linux and compilation ("./config, make, make install" is all i know), i'm not sure what this means, but i did encounter that error in other software.

i looked for "certificates" in the "tce" package manager and i also tried the command "sudo update-ca-certificates", but that didn't work.

how can i update certificates on tinycore?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: certificates not up to date
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 09:42:21 PM »
Is the ca-certificates extension loaded?

Offline brolo

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 10:20:51 AM »
the ca-certificates extension is loaded, yes.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 12:28:39 PM »
Hi brolo
Welcome to the forum.

... i also tried the command "sudo update-ca-certificates", but that didn't work. ...
Other possible ways of finishing that statement include (but are not limited to):

and it said command not found
Or:
and it responded with the following error ...
Or:
it appeared to run successfully, but I still get  "error x509: certificate signed by unknown authority"
Or:
you can stand by your original statement and let us try to guess where the problem might be.

Your choice.  :)

Offline brolo

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »
hi, rich, thanks.

i'm sorry for the brevity, i didn't mean to be obnoxious. in the few times i ask questions in forums like this, i always strive to be through in my explanations. however, i know so little about this topic of certificates and such that all i thought i could do was mention the commands i used and receive suggestions from more well informed people. my bad.

on second thought, there was one more piece of information that i could have provided, which is the output of that command.

Offline brolo

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 12:32:40 PM »
i keep getting error messages from the server when trying to post the rest of the reply.

Offline brolo

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 12:35:16 PM »
anyway, the output of 'sudo update-ca-certificates' says "0 added, 0 removed; done" but it also has many stderr lines saying that CRT files are not being found. there are many CRT files, however in /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/mozilla.

Offline brolo

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 12:37:46 PM »
PS: putting the mozilla certificates in the directory above does get them recognized by "update-ca-certificates", but still no compillation...