WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: IceWM not showing any icons under TC 13.x install  (Read 1845 times)

Offline zhudock

IceWM not showing any icons under TC 13.x install
« on: March 01, 2022, 11:21:49 AM »
After installing IceWM and manually running icewm-session, I see a bunch of Out Of Memory errors.  I've tried switching themes to all those included, as well as a few custom downloaded themes, all with the same result.

I saved off my prior TC builds and was not able to recreate this in 6.4, 8, 10.1 or 12.0

Code: [Select]
icewm-session: using /home/tc/.icewm for private configuration files
IceWM: using /home/tc/.icewm for private configuration files
icewmtray: using /home/tc/.icewm for private configuration files
icewmbg: using /home/tc/.icewm for private configuration files
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/closeI.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/maximizeI.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/minimizeI.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/restoreI.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/closeA.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/maximizeA.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/minimizeA.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/restoreA.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/closeO.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/maximizeO.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/minimizeO.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/restoreO.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/titleIT.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/titleIB.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/titleAT.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/titleAB.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/menuButtonI.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/menuButtonA.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/themes/icedesert/menuButtonO.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image: /usr/local/share/icewm/taskbar/start.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image: /usr/local/share/icewm/taskbar/windows.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image: /usr/local/share/icewm/taskbar/desktop.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image: /usr/local/share/icewm/taskbar/collapse.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image: /usr/local/share/icewm/taskbar/expand.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/mailbox/mail.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/mailbox/nomail.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/mailbox/errmail.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/mailbox/unreadmail.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/mailbox/newmail.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n0.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n1.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n2.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n3.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n4.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n5.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n6.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n7.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n8.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/n9.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/space.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/colon.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/slash.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/dot.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/a.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/p.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/m.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for image /usr/local/share/icewm/ledclock/percent.xpm
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for pixmap "/usr/local/share/icewm/icons/xterm_16x16.xpm"
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for pixmap "/usr/local/share/icewm/icons/xterm_32x32.xpm"
IceWM: Warning: Out of memory for pixmap "/usr/local/share/icewm/icons/xterm_32x32.xpm"

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: IceWM not showing any icons under TC 13.x install
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 11:58:51 PM »
icewm was last built on 5.x, maybe it's time for an update - would you be willing to give it a go?

Offline zhudock

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 12:39:14 PM »
It's been a while since I've tried my hand at updating a TCE, but I'll give it a go some time in the next few days.

Offline zhudock

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 05:10:20 AM »
I have a package compiled and running based on IceWM 2.9.6.

I see JasonW was listed as the original author and don't want to submit a package without approval from the maintainers.

It also looks like the Wiki is unavailable, but a few years ago there was a guide on how to submit a package. Is there a template available somewhere for building the *.info file, other than just copy\pasting the old one?  Was there a tool that validated the correctness of a package before submitting?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 07:15:17 AM »
Hi zhudock
You can send JasonW a PM if you like, but I doubt he would  mind if you updated icewm. Besides, the change log
shows the last compile was by:
           2013/08/05 recompiled for tc-5.x (juanito)

There were also some changes made to scripts that should probably be carried over:
           2015/04/22 adjusted startup script (juanito)
Current:   2020/09/13 Fixed exec= parsing issue in _menu_common script. (Rich)

An alternative link to the Wiki can be found here:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25220.0.html

submitqc.tcz  is used to check packages for errors. Go to the directory where you created the packages and run:
Code: [Select]
submitqc --libs

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 07:26:05 AM »
Hi zhudock
... Is there a template available somewhere for building the *.info file, other than just copy\pasting the old one? ...
Oops, missed that one. You want to copy the  .info  file to preserve the   Change-log:  history and any information
that might be included in the  Comments:  section.

Move the contents of the  Current:  field into the  Change-log:  field.
Place a new entry into the  Current:  field.
Update the  Version:  field.