WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Servers for piCore?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
Re: Servers for piCore?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2022, 05:52:07 AM »
@Rich: Good morning!

I just finished compiling mailutils for RasPi (mailutils.tcz, mailutils-doc.tcz and mailutils-src.tcz where -src contains the raw source code and build script) however it led me to a couple questions...
  • x.x/armv6, x.x/armv7 and x.x/armv7l - I was told in a different post to virtually disregard 7L (I haven't confirmed this with tce-load/ab but I'm assuming they're using getBuild() to determine which repo/platform to use and also assuming 7L (RasPi4, for example) uses armv7 as its source.  Please confirm.
  • armv6/7/7L --- do you know if the repo is merely linked between the three?  (ie: uploads/updates are placed in armv6, for example, and v7/v7L are links to v6's files?)
Thanks!

T.J.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2022, 06:02:20 AM »
For clarity
armv6 (All of the single core rpi boards)
armv7 (All of the quad core processors that are not RPI4)
armv7l (RPI4)

armv6, armv7, and armv7l are distinctly different repos.   Typically extensions are compiled for armv6 and then the same copy of the extension is put into these 3 repos. (except for the kernel modules)   We do not use symlinks on these files (Although we could)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2022, 12:14:40 AM »
@Paul: Thank you for the update.  I'll have to go back and re-enable 7L in our repo/archives.
I just checked in with a RasPi4 and see something a bit odd; filesystems-KERNEL is installed..  but both v7 and v7L are in tce/options.  Any guess how that could have happened?
Code: [Select]
$ uname -r
5.4.51-piCore-v7l
The inquiry about files being linked between v6~v7L; the repo consists ~95% extensions, ~5% modules...  considering the sheer file size of armX/tcz and then multiply it by each platform...  I'm thinking symlinks is the way to go on our end considering our mirror of TinyCore and then our own extensions/modules being added on top of that... we have a 512GB flash drive we use to back up just the TCL Repo and pretty soon it won't be big enough to do so. :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 05:56:38 AM »
Hi centralware
... but both v7 and v7L are in tce/options.  Any guess how that could have happened? ...
I can't give an exact answer, but it might have something to do with this:

The TC12 ARMv7 repo contains v7, v7l (and v7l+) modules:
http://tinycorelinux.net/12.x/armv7/tcz/

And the TC12 ARMv7l repo contains no modules:
http://tinycorelinux.net/12.x/armv7l/tcz/

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2022, 09:46:02 AM »
piCore13 is when the armv7l became active.

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2022, 02:00:12 AM »
Thank you, gentlemen!  Notes on my end have been updated.
I'm about half way down the list of extensions to be built and/or researched...
mailutils                     nfs-utils                       busybox-net                    samba
php                            sqlite                           apache                            mariaDB
xrdp                            vnc                              nbd-server                      iscsi
FCoE                           s/ftpd                          nvme-of                          aoe/vblade
afp (apple)                  ncp (novell)                 gfs (cluster)                     FUSE
WebDAV                     subversion                  Lustre                              DRBD
VMFS                          dropbear                    dnsmasq
...and I ran across a slight issue with nbd.  (This isn't the first time I've experienced this, just the first time I've reached out to anyone as just like today, I just bypassed the problem with manpage compilation and moved on.)  When using autoconf/make (which I'm far from expert experience) there's a problem building the manpages (docbook2man not found) and it errors out.
make -C man -f mans.mk nbd-server.1.sh.in nbd-server.5.sh.in nbd-client.8.sh.in nbd-trdump.1.sh.in nbdtab.5.sh.in Any recommendations?

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 05:40:34 AM »
I normally disable building documentation.   But do you have the docbook extensions loaded?

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2022, 01:19:33 AM »
@Paul: Yes, there are two extensions "docbook" related available on 12.x/ARM (docbook_xml_dtd and docbook_xsl.tcz) and the app/link docbook2man does not exist within either from the looks of it - I stopped digging at that point.  --disable-manpages didn't work for me on the first run (still came back with a missing file issue when automake/install launched) so I just had my build script fake the files and alter the Makefiles as needed to get the mail part of the job done. :)  Not the most pristine method...  but sometimes you just have to grab a hammer...