WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: how to check for upgradable extensions from command line?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline GNUser

how to check for upgradable extensions from command line?
« on: December 21, 2021, 08:57:20 AM »
The GUI way to do this is: wbar -> Apps -> Maintenance -> Check for Updates. What is the CLI equivalent, please? Just to clarify: The intention is to find out which extensions are out of date, without actually upgrading them.

I already explored  tce-update  and  tce-audit  and did not find an obvious answer. Sorry for the noob-ish question :-[

Offline GNUser

Re: how to check for upgradable extensions from command line?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 10:16:15 AM »
I scrutinized the source code of "apps" (available here: https://github.com/tinycorelinux/fltk_projects/blob/master/apps/apps.cxx) and figured it out:
Code: [Select]
tce-update list /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional
Solved. Sorry for the noise.

Offline CNK

Re: how to check for upgradable extensions from command line?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 08:23:46 PM »
That's a handy command to know. Though personally the next thing I want is to be able to upgrade specific extensions but not others. Is there a smarter way of doing this than what I've been doing which is manually downloading the files and overwriting them?

Something like "tce-update openssl-1.1.1" is what I really want, but that doesn't work. Ideally it would automatically update any extensions that depend of the specified extension (if an updated version is available) as well.