WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: This Forum problem: posts longer ~850 chars trigger Internal Server error (500)  (Read 1400 times)

Offline nomadbyte

Well, I'm a new posting user on this Forum and as appears I already got one of my IPs blacklisted... all the while trying to post my very first bug-report.

On Preview (!!) of my post, the Forum would keep returning Internal Server Error (500) for no obvious reasons (proper captchas, valid tags etc.). Eventually, after trials and [more] errors, I realized that the error is tripped when the post is longer than ~850 chars.

However, my discovery was short-lived and somehow my IP got blacklisted by the Forum before I could post and won't allow the connection to it at all !?

Hardly a heart-warming welcome... I hope/ask admins would undo that IP-blacklisting. Thanks!

Offline Rich

• Administrator

Offline nomadbyte

Thanks for the links!

Indeed, I did regain the access from the blacklisted IP at the end of the day (probably after 1hr would be ok too). After all, the 850 char limit may be imposed for the first ever post only, may be also on the registration day (and when it falls on a Monday, in November etc. ...). With the first topic successfully posted (from another IP), the supposed limit does not seem to matter anymore. Oh, well...

However, learning about the Forum hosting saga made me want to join the community efforts in finding a more robust way to TCL Forum operations. Hope these efforts will get to fruition soon.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:32:13 PM by nomadbyte »