WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W  (Read 6832 times)

Offline vandiwa

Re: Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 06:59:07 AM »
Thanks for clearing this up.  Finally got it to work by using the armv7 packages and specifically the wireless-5.10.77-piCore-v7.tcz package.
I used this to pull the WiFi packages instead of what I had above :
Code: [Select]
for pkg in ca-certificates libiw libnl ncurses openssl readline wifi wireless-5.10.77-piCore-v7 wireless_tools wpa_supplicant firmware-rpi-wifi; do for f in $pkg.tcz{,.dep,.info,.list,.md5.txt,.tree,.zsync}; do wget http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/tinycorelinux/13.x/armv7/tcz/$f; done; done
Then, in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst, add the line
wireless-5.10.77-piCore-v7.tcz
just before the line that was there for firmware-rpi-wifi.tcz

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »
the firmware should be first in onboot.lst........before the kernel drivers extension.

Offline vandiwa

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 08:07:27 AM »
This is what I have in onboot.lst and it is auto connecting on boot and I'm able to SSH into it with wifi.sh -a in /opt/bootlocal.sh :
openssh.tcz
wireless-5.10.77-piCore-v7.tcz
firmware-rpi-wifi.tcz
wifi.tcz
compiletc.tcz
nano.tcz
bash-dev.tcz

Offline vandiwa

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2022, 08:12:34 AM »
Generally speaking, is there a way to include packages for the RPiZW and the RPiZ2W in the filesystem and take two different paths to installing them depending on the processor it's running on?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 08:40:57 AM by Paul_123 »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 08:29:10 AM »
Hi vandiwa
Please listen to Paul_123, he knows what he's talking about. Place  firmware-rpi-wifi.tcz  at the beginning of  onboot.lst.
Your current list creates a potential race condition where the firmware may not be detected and loaded in time.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2022, 08:41:10 AM »
Generally speaking, is there a way to include packages for the RPiZW and the RPiZ2W in the filesystem and take two different paths to installing them depending on the processor it's running on?

Been discussed many times.  The default images are kept very small on purpose.  We provide toolkits to build a highly customizable small footprint system.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 08:45:20 AM »
Hi vandiwa
Generally speaking, is there a way to ...
Generally speaking, all non kernel related extensions are compiled to be backwards compatible with ARMv6, though
there may be a few exceptions. So the  nano.tcz  you find in the ARMv7 repo is identical to the one in the ARMv6 repo.

For kernel related extensions, they have unique names, wireless-5.10.77-piCore-v7.tcz vs wireless-5.10.77-piCore.tcz.
You can have both in your  tce/optional/  directory. If you list it like this in your onboot.lst:
wireless-KERNEL.tczthen the correct version will be loaded depending on the processor that is being booted.

Offline vandiwa

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 10:20:51 AM »
Thanks Rich, and I can confirm that the same image I have booting and starting WiFi on the ARMv7 now will also boot and start WiFi on the ARMv6, and that was a pleasant surprise.

Offline Greg Erskine

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 12:30:12 PM »
As you build your system, keep in mind, tce-ab will only download from the repository the correct kernel version of a (kernel dependant) extension.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2022, 11:01:29 PM »
Wait - I stripped the timestamps to do a dmesg compare side by side, and I didn't even realize the RPIZ2W has an ARMV7 processor where the RPIZW has an ARMv6 - do I need to be using the packages from armv7?

32-bit TCZ packages, except kernel modules are built for arm v6 architecture, you can use them on v7 and v7l.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline itushit

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2022, 06:23:50 AM »
Is there a way to install wireguard?

I installed many packages but I cant even do make!!

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2022, 06:27:40 AM »
Load the compiletc extension