WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Strange CTRL-ALT-M tickes FLWM  (Read 1261 times)

Offline PDP-8

Strange CTRL-ALT-M tickes FLWM
« on: October 16, 2021, 03:00:16 PM »
System: TinyCorePure64 V 12.0
Environment:  out of box, nothing added

Noticed a bug - well more of a quirk. :)

Normally when I have a terminal or other application open, and I want to immediately go full screen, I'll use the keyboard shortcut of CTRL-ALT-M to toggle it.

BUT - I did something nobody else would do:
With no application open at all, I did a CTRL-ALT-M just to see what would happen.

Nothing immediate.  But I did notice that I lost the ability to bring up the hierarchical menu on the desktop.  In addition, when activating any applications, the fvwm handles to grab and move them around were gone too.

Solution:  The simplest was to use the gui exit manager, logout, logout at the command-line, log back in and everything was back to normal.

Alternate solution:  Don't be a weirdo testing CTRL-ALT-M when there are no applications active on the desktop. :)

So just a quirk really.  Not a showstopper.  I haven't tested this with any other *cores yet.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 03:03:47 PM by PDP-8 »
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Strange CTRL-ALT-M tickes FLWM
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 04:25:44 PM »
Hi PDP-8
Since  Ctrl-Alt-M  actually toggles between current size and full screen, did you try doing it a second time to see
if that fixes it?

Offline PDP-8

Re: Strange CTRL-ALT-M tickes FLWM
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 01:40:58 AM »
Nah, issuing CTRL-ALT-M a second time doesn't fix it.  Only a logout and logging back in fixes it.

It was fun experimenting to see if I could handle a system like that, relying solely on an application exit command, or at worst using xKill.  Not fun. :)

Just a corner-case weirdness..
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth