WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: SC console spreadsheet  (Read 1161 times)

Offline PDP-8

SC console spreadsheet
« on: October 17, 2021, 03:27:37 PM »
Just some help for those who may be interested in the console SC spreadsheet.

If the tcz isn't in your repo, then the mission is clear:  ask the author, OR grab the latest source (7.13 I believe), compile and contribute back!

It comes from the days when docs were merely reading the man page.  Fortunately, it also comes with a help sheet of it's own!  Still, how do you start?  A nice quick reference from the Linux Journal can be found here:

https://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10699

The reason I use it is that like the vi editor, after 20-30 years one can develop some really good muscle-memory.  Being a console application, it is very light on resources.

No, I'm not going to run my enterprise with it.  And our unix forefathers may have balked at using a CUI (captive user interface) rather than piping into bc or dc. :)

There are a LOT of other options of course.  And the audience for this type of software may be limited these days.  However some TC'ers might recognize the bang for buck.  The secret is that what your fingers learn today will be just as valid 30 years from now as long as you recompile once a decade or so. :)
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline nick65go

Re: SC console spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 09:18:30 AM »
Thanks PDP-8, for the SC link; I discovered new things, that "it supports advanced macros, plugins and external functions". Something to play with, if / when I will be bored.