WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: email SEND TO formats (to send to more than one person)  (Read 883 times)

Offline vinceASPECT

email SEND TO formats (to send to more than one person)
« on: September 01, 2021, 11:24:48 AM »
Hello forum members,

Could i ask the most BASIC of computing question and if you would be kind enough to reply.

When you are sending some sort of email and you want to send it to TWO different people  (addresses)

how should the email addresses appear in the send bar?

should it be the first email address in SINGLE QOUTES followed by a comma and a SPACE .....then the second email address in single quotes?

what is the exact pattern it should be in?

example TO ---->    'tim-berners-Lee@yahoo.com', 'robert-noyce@intel.com'

or should they be DOUBLE QOUTES or is the SPACE between them a red herring?

many thanks

C.

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: email SEND TO formats (to send to more than one person)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 01:49:16 PM »
Hi vinceASPECT
Most people use the  CC  or  BCC  fields. The  To:  field on one of the emails I received showed  comma SPACE  used
as a separator with no quotes of any kind.

Offline vinceASPECT

Re: email SEND TO formats (to send to more than one person)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 05:25:14 PM »
Rich,

i too have received emails with COMMA SPACE between the
two people's email address's in the "TO" field and no quotes of any kind.    *the 2 that received that same message*

That above was a  "Gmail web client" sending a message  to both a "Yahoo web email client". and "Gmail web email" recipient......
showing in the "TO" field that the message went to a........ GMAIL recipient (me) and a YAHOO recipient.

......it could be that it depends on the type of "email client tool" that is sending the message
as to what pattern of characters--is--displayed in the email clients receiving the message..... will be.

(for example, a "Web email client" like GMAIL sending a message  to both a "yahoo web email" and "Outlook" client recipients  , in contrast to an "Outlook desktop email client" sending a message to both a "yahoo web email client" and "Gmail web mail client" recipients.....

i would assume if i receive an email correctly, that shows in it's "TO" field that it went to me & also went to a second recipient and
that "second recipient email address" is shown there......then that second recipient also got the email message too.

Thanks

C
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:39:06 PM by vinceASPECT »