WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: electron-iso-packager -- package your electron app with Tiny Core  (Read 2745 times)

Offline LucaFabbian

It may be late, but I want to share with you an high school project.

It's a Node module which could be used alongside the Electron framework to write apps in html/css/javascript and package them as a self-booting TinyCore-based iso.
https://github.com/lucafabbian/electron-iso-packager
The module itself comes with the TinyCore version of the time, but you can easily use it with any custom TinyCore flavour.

Here is a screenshot of a popular Electron "hello world" app packaged this way and executed inside a virtual machine:

Have fun!

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
Re: electron-iso-packager -- package your electron app with Tiny Core
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 06:10:14 PM »
Ehi, ciao :)
I don't know how to write apps in electron, but yours is an interesting project, just a few weeks ago I tried to run vscode on tinycore (successfully), and then I tried to run it in chroot (unsuccessfully).
But then I succeeded with docker and found that the minimum dependencies for vscode are
Xlibs nss gtk3 libasound libcups, does this also result to you only with electron?
Looking at your "default-remaster" file shows that the dependencies you used are these:
bash remaster.sh Xorg-7.7 openbox aterm nss gdk-pixbuf2 gtk3 libasound libcups libxkbcommon
Il I remember whell, gdk-pixbuf2 is a dependency of gtk3, I don't know about libxkbcommon, but this seems a keyboard library.
If you want to run you project also on docker, you can check my recent topic: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25090.msg160376.html#msg160376
If you want, you can also make a smaller iso by booting electron fullscreen without any desktop manager (there is a recent program by user "rich" on the forum to do this)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 06:17:08 PM by vinnie »