WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: AutoCursor extension submitted  (Read 11966 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: AutoCursor extension submitted
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 02:07:16 PM »
Hi jazzbiker
I would expect AutoCursor to work under all versions. I copied the 32 bit version I compiled under TC10 to a machine
running TC4 and it worked just fine.

Are you having a problem running it under TC12?

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2021, 06:09:33 AM »
No, everything is ok, thanks!

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2021, 01:42:58 PM »
Hi jazzbiker
I booted up a TC11 CorePure partition and it runs fine there too. The dependencies are unchanged across TC10, 11 and 12.
AutoCursor has been copied to the TC11 and TC12 repos for x86 and x86_64.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2021, 04:15:36 AM »
Hi Rich!

I use AutoCursor every day and enjoy it very much, thanks for this light and handy extension! Let me share my experience.
I am meeting two types of situations when AutoCursor needs manual service. They are not bugs or issues, just a little inconveniences, which appear rarely and probably for minority of users.

1. When I exit X to cli AutoCursor continues to stay idle in memory and during the next X session I have 2 AutoCursors. One of them active and the other idle. During next X session - 3 AutoCursors and so on. I added to AutoCursor startup script
Code: [Select]
pidof AutoCursor >/dev/null && s_u_d_o pkill AutoCursor
and am happy.

2. Sometimes I work on the laptop with external mouse. If I accidentally touch USB jack of the mouse then AutoCursor looses mouse handler and captures one of the CPU cores for unsuccessful attempts to do something useful. If I notice this I kill and reload it. But sometimes for example during long compile such an event may pass unnoticed.
   Such situations are rare enough to forget about what is the reason for AutoCursor not to work :)

Both cases are not bugs nor issues, but if there exists simple workaround (something like one additional "if" in the right place) and one day You will be in the mood to make AutoCursor even better than it is now it would be great!

Thanks a lot!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:19:08 AM by jazzbiker »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »
Hi jazzbiker
1. I don't think I could handle preventing multiple instances nearly as efficiently as that. I think some  /usr/local/etc/init.d
   scripts use a similar technique.
2. OK, that one sounds like you want me to compensate for a faulty connector. :o USB connectors do require a
   certain amount of force to plug and unplug, and don't just pop out when touched.

... but if there exists simple workaround (something like one additional "if" in the right place) ...
Nothing like that. Not even close.