WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to install driver for wireless usb adapter TL-WN725N (ver 2)  (Read 8345 times)

Offline plug

Excuse me so much, I know TCL some days and now I am facing the installation of the wireless that does not make me continue.

In this program 'App' is a list of files .tcz including:

- wifi.tcz
- Wireless tools.tcz

- etc etc

I would like to have your advice on how you've got to solve the problem.

Thank you very much to all
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:32:29 AM by plug »

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Install wifi.tcz with tce in the terminal or use GUI tool. It will install common dependencies. Most likely you need a firmware for your adapter also. Check dmesg at the end looking for wifi related messages. It will help to see which firmware is missing if any. Than use provides function in app manager to identify which tcz package you need.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline plug

dmesg does not appear in the terms related to wireless or wifi.

Yet they are installed because they appear in the app, the file onboot.1st

In the terminal I know that the dependencies are already loaded but I do not understand where the problem is.

Where am I wrong?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
At a terminal prompt type:
Code: [Select]
$ dmesg | grep firmware..if that gives a blank, enter dmesg alone

Offline plug

it's the same that i saw before. Nothing terms of "firmware or wifi".

But they are already installed: infact when i use the command tce-load -i wifi.tcz", it say "wifi is already installed!"

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Is your adapter recognized as an USB device? Check dmesg or use lsusb command (intsall usb-utils.tcz)?
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline plug

"The command "isusb" it is not installed and i can't also download it, and also it isn't installed the usb-utils.tcz file."

I have the tiny core version 5.2, one of latest

the pendrive are recognised (i did a test) but it not recognise wireless device.

With dmesg the pc recognise when i connect the usb device but not the wifi function.

I must say the files wifi.tcz and the firmwire are already installed but i can't use, because say when write 'tce-load -i wifi.tcz" : wifi is already installed!

I don't know what do it
...i can't download nothing

Offline Misalf

The command is not "isusb" but "lsusb" with a lower case L.

--

"... is already installed" only means that the extension is already installed. Not necessarily that your WIFI is ready to be used. The same message would appear on a system without a WIFI device.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline plug

it is the same! They aren't downloaded.

Excuse me, but which one tiny core version you use? I have 5.2 downloaded from ufficial site.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:38:39 AM by plug »

Offline plug

I have almost solve...

"Boot CD, at first boot prompt press f2. Notice the line "tce={hda1|sda1} Specify Restore TCE apps directory"
then at the boot prompt type: tinycore tce=xxyz where xxyz is your drive partition particulars."

And in this way the App X will list all the applications installed or downloaded from the CD.

Doing research in the forum I noticed that I could download the following file for my adapter TL-WN725N:

- Wl-8188eu-3.8.13-tinycore.tcz

But how can I do if the wifi for internet still is not up yet? And where are they?

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:41:20 AM by plug »

Offline plug

Sorry for my absence of several days.

I solved it by downloading the file from another computer-related files r8188 wifi card (driver of my adapter) on a usb drive, and finally my old computer connects to the internet in wifi.

Thank you for supporting

AMDXP

Hello!
Sorry to open this topic again, but I don't find his file anymore, Wl-8188eu-3.8.13-tinycore.tcz. Could you help me to install this driver? :-[
Thank you  :)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
wl-r8188eu-3.8.13-tinycore and wl-r8188eu-3.8.13-tinycore64 are extensions in tinycore-5.x containing the driver 8188eu.ko.

This driver can also be found in the 8188eu extension in CorePure64-11.x

AMDXP

Thank you so much  :)