WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Touchpad not working  (Read 4121 times)

Offline amuctued

Touchpad not working
« on: May 13, 2021, 11:27:28 AM »
Touchpad won't work with dcore out of the box. I also have other flavor linux where it works, so it shows it's a cypress something touchpad. Upon looking into further it seems like a driver named cyapatp is the key.

So I searched https://packages.debian.org for cyapatp and it finds it as cyapatp.ko which tells me it's a kernel module and it's missing in dcore. I'm a noob, do I have to recompile kernel or what are my options?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:31:26 AM by amuctued »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Touchpad not working
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 03:24:37 PM »
Hi amuctued.  Does your touchpad work with Tinycore?  The dCore kernel is basically the Tinycore kernel with devtmpfs support added, all else is the same. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:31:11 PM by Jason W »

Offline amuctued

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 06:03:59 PM »
Jason W, I don't use tinycore but burned a tinycoreplus cd and was going to try it. However the pure tinycoreplus iso is mbr boot only, while the touchpad machine is efi only (it's a seabios'ed chromebook). I did try both stretch64 and buster64 plus images and both wouldn't see the touchpad. But because I want this to work and because you asked I'm going to put tinycore on the usb with efi and check. But I don't think it will be different

Offline amuctued

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 07:55:30 PM »
Uncovering some weird stuff. My usb has syslinux installed from dcore-stretch64.

Loading dcore-stretch64 doesn't like uuid in double parenthesis. If I have them then dcore-stretch64 does the waitusb thing. Removing parenthesis finds the drive and loads the system fast.

Core does not want to load from this syslinux period. Mbr hangs, efi reboots.

Corepure64 loads fine and likes parenthesis around the uuid value

I also tried 32 bit slitaz using it and it also worked

Alpine 64 worked
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:25:38 PM by amuctued »

Offline amuctued

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 09:31:11 PM »
Hey I found cyapatp.ko.gz in http://tinycorelinux.net/12.x/x86_64/release/distribution_files/modules64.gz under modules64\lib\modules\5.10.3-tinycore64\kernel\drivers\input\mouse\

Since kernel is the same I wonder if I can just use it with dCore and how

Didn't find any modules file in the dCore section to play around with
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:03:13 PM by amuctued »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 11:30:24 AM »
Hi amuctued, I found in the kernel config for dCore-stretch64 the entry meaning the driver is built in and not a module:

Code: [Select]
CONFIG_MOUSE_CYAPA=y

CorePure64 has it built as a module in it's config:

Code: [Select]
CONFIG_MOUSE_CYAPA=m

I don't have this hardware to test with. 

Offline amuctued

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 06:42:25 PM »
I wiped the usb and installed syslinux on it from another distro. My previous syslinux problems seemingly disappeared. I threw tc and tcp64 on it with tce directories for each straight from the iso's

Tinycore loads with efi but falls back to cli with the message: failed in waitforX

Tinycorepure64 with efi gets into wm but the touchpad unresponsive. How do I include and use the module gz for it?

Same stick, mbr machine:

On my other other machine with mbr tc first sits for good 2-4 mins at the message: Booting the kernel. x86/cpu: VMX (outside TXT) disabled by BIOS. acpi LNXCPU:00: Invalid PBLK length [8]. Then eventually gets into wm
Tcp64 with mbr loads but falls back to cli with the message: failed in waitforX
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:15:47 PM by amuctued »

Offline amuctued

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 12:19:47 PM »
I take it back: specifically dcore-stretch64 doesn't like parenthesis around the uuid value in syslinux.cfg even with syslinux installed from another distro

waitusb=30:UUID=xxxx-xxxx works
waitusb=30:UUID="xxxx-xxxx" waits

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 01:31:14 PM »
Hi amuctued
Those are quote marks  "".
These are parentheses  ().

Offline amuctued

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »
Quotes. I'm trying out buster64 now, same story with quotes there. Can't verify if the touchpad works because X is not working there for me
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 12:27:00 PM by amuctued »

Offline amuctued

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 04:32:10 PM »
Because I fixed my X problems, I was finally able to check. This touchpad works in buster64 and doesn't in stretch64.

As I mentioned it in another thread, I've also had better luck with wacom in buster64. Buster64 it is for me for better compatibility