WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Why is the installer on on the ISO? Is there a reason?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline reg

Why is the installer on on the ISO? Is there a reason?
« on: May 10, 2022, 09:16:53 PM »
Every time I start from scratch I always get hung up on the how the heck did I get it there before thing, and have to look it up and on yea, you have to boot the usb stick and from that go and download the installer.  Is there a reason the installer is not standard program on the ISO?

I also had a first tonight, after getting the networking set up and ssh going I could finally get out of my backroom and work in comfort on my notebook on the couch, only to find out that when I did the install, it did not bring over the realtek nic drivers from the usb stick.  I was lucky in plugging it back in and rebooting got me back to where I was and I was able to find the package on line, but it would be sweet if the installer had the smarts to see what drivers are getting used and shuffle them over.  I was happy I had the thing in the closet here and not out in the shop.  That is a lot farther to tromp.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Why is the installer on on the ISO? Is there a reason?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 12:30:58 AM »
CorePlus contains the installer.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline gadget42

Re: Why is the installer on on the ISO? Is there a reason?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 02:25:25 AM »

...  Is there a reason the installer is not standard program on the ISO?

to keep it as Tiny as possible? perhaps?

sharing is caring
The fluctuation theorem has long been known for a sudden switch of the Hamiltonian of a classical system Z54 . For a quantum system with a Hamiltonian changing from... https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25972.msg166580.html#msg166580