WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: wifi not working on rpi4  (Read 1853 times)

Offline wysiwyg

wifi not working on rpi4
« on: February 10, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »
I'm working with an RPi4 and I'm trying to get the wifi working.  I found the following thread:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,21134.15.html?PHPSESSID=b7ef105160b7cc474c7e24819f65d2c1

Which told me which packages to install and can be reduced to:

Code: [Select]
tce-load -wi firmware-rpi-wifi wifi
Upon executing this, I continued to get issues with the ncurses package not being able to be installed due to an md5 checksum error.  Oddly enough, ncurses was actually already installed on the system so I'm not even sure why it was trying to re-download and install.  Anyways, I ended up downloading and installing each package and its dependencies individually until the two primary packages could be installed.  Afterwards I attempted to start the wifi script:

sudo wifi.sh
To which I was told:

No wifi devices found!

I confirmed that the wireless devices are not disabled in the boot partitions' config.txt file.  I have no clue why the wifi adapter is not being recognized after the installation of the afore mentioned packages.  Maybe I'm missing one or more?

Thanks!

Offline xenodius

Re: wifi not working on rpi4
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 05:33:56 PM »
I think that should be all you need, should work on a fresh install. What's the output of:

ifconfig
dmesg | grep -E "brcm|ethernet"

Your issue with ncurses sounds really suspect. You haven't downloaded anything manually from the repo for another version, right? Might try to delete ncurses.tcz and ncurses.tcz.dep from /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional and DL again with tce-load.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:35:57 PM by xenodius »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 05:56:02 PM »
Hi xenodius
... Might try to delete ncurses.tcz and ncurses.tcz.dep from /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional and DL again with tce-load.
And  ncurses.tcz.md5.txt.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 01:38:33 AM »
What is in dmesg related to wlan?
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline wysiwyg

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 06:34:56 AM »
Sorry for the long wait before getting back in touch.

So I too was puzzled over several issues that were occurring.  Come to find out, the SD card was having issues (factory defect it appears).  I used another brand new SD card and loaded TC on it and have not had any of the issues reported prior.  Packages install correctly, I am able to get the wifi adapter recognized, and wifi connected.  Sorry for the confusion since the issue was on my side.  Thanks for everyone's prompt response!

Thanks,
Dave