WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: extension audit script  (Read 138726 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: extension audit script
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
Thanks, I have not tended to the script in quite a while, but I will give it some attention soon.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »
Thanks for the extension, I use it as a extension check whether submitted or not.     Are you making one for scm's? 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2012, 12:00:37 PM »
Actually, with scms the checks would be fewer and simpler.  I will surely make a script for it soon.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »
I have not actually announced it, but I have let Robert Schumann, aka gutmensch, handle the main part of the tcz repo since I am occupied with the scms.  And the best help I can give overall is not to meddle and let him tend to it unless my help is solicited.

But I will update the audit script, I plan to simplify it a little, since it really does not need to try to verify .desktop files for one, as it is always giving false negatives on that.  I am considering adding in the 'check for library breakage' routine, but as it is now the data for that is made on my own mirror at home, and is not real time with ibiblio.  Which means it can do as much harm as good if someone has a good extension that will not break the repo but the data is old and falsely states that breakage would occur.  It is good for my personal use, and perhaps to run against existing stuff knowing that the data used may not be current.   But if not in real time with the repo, it doesn't need to be in the audit routine.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »
Updated, simplified dep check, removed suspicious directory perms check as there are many different dir perms for different apps expected - cannot check for them all, removed desktop file check as again unexpected entries are admissible.

Offline jls

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 06:02:08 PM »
The script doesn't recognizes me as package maintainer, maybe because there are spaces in my name?
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »
It seems to work fine here, with the spaces

Code: [Select]

root@box:/home/tc# submitqc4
There are extensions without md5.txt files : mldonkey.tcz. Do you want to proceed and create md5.txt files for these and check the existing ones?  y/n  y

mldonkey.tcz is maintained by  jls_legalize <unsenepopiu at tin dot it>. You are  jls_legalize <unsenepopiu at tin dot it>.  Make sure the maintainer is aware you are updating his extension.

mldonkey.tcz  has some similarly named extensions in the repo.  Make sure yours does not    collide with these:

mldonkey.tcz

The following errors are found in mldonkey.tcz.info. No news is good news:
mldonkey.tcz is a valid tcz file.  Creating MD5 for mldonkey.tcz:

#######

Offline Alatun

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:59 AM »
There is a link in the wiki to this thread, howto to submit extensions (http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions).

It's a bit cumbersome to read thru this thread, to filter out the relevant information.

Suggestion: put the most recent info in the first posting or put the most recent info into the wiki.

When using the submitqc6 script as user "tc" it complains about missing permissions to remove files in the temporary mounted directory and finally fails to umount the extension.

When running this script as root (sudo) it seems ok. Is this by design? If so, it should be documented.

gordon64

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2015, 07:10:31 AM »
Hi Alatun

from the wiki
If you prefer the build script way, it is easy to build root:root by running the script as root.

and lower down...
sudo chown -R root:staff /tmp/package/usr/local/tce.installed
sudo chmod -R 775 /tmp/package/usr/local/tce.installed

This shows you that you have 2 choices in building and they are
build as root or
build as local user but fix permission, ownership using sudo

so choose your build method and then either submitqc6 will run as root
or run it as sudo.

good luck

Offline Alatun

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2015, 08:26:44 AM »
Hi Alatun

from the wiki
If you prefer the build script way, it is easy to build root:root by running the script as root.

and lower down...
sudo chown -R root:staff /tmp/package/usr/local/tce.installed
sudo chmod -R 775 /tmp/package/usr/local/tce.installed

This shows you that you have 2 choices in building and they are
build as root or
build as local user but fix permission, ownership using sudo

so choose your build method and then either submitqc6 will run as root
or run it as sudo.

good luck

Hm, the stuff you are quoting deals with "Custom Startup Scripts".

I was refering to the submitqc6 script (a script to check the quality of extensions),
which is no custom startup script, so I'm confused what you like to tell me???

Offline nitram

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »
When using the submitqc6 script as user "tc" it complains about missing permissions to remove files in the temporary mounted directory and finally fails to umount the extension... When running this script as root (sudo) it seems ok. Is this by design? If so, it should be documented.

I experience the same behaviour/error and end up running submitqc6 with sudo, then all is good. If this is correct, it would be useful if the submitqc6 info file was updated, which presently reads: "submitqc6" is the command to run.

Offline dentonlt

• the trombone analog
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »
Seeing as there is still interest (after 6 years!), I took on a rewrite of this script starting around June/July. The first version hit the repo about a week or so ago. New version, with many bug fixes, is now in the submission queue as of this morning (2014/10/04).

submitqc is now cross-repo, tested on 5.x/6.x and x86/x86_64. Run without sudo. [fingers crossed]
Use 'submitqc --help' to see the options.
Checks include ... well, lots of things. Open the script and read the Change Log if you're interested.

Kudos to gordonselfish/gordon64 and coreplayer2 for their bug checking assistance & advice thus far.

Lots left to do/fix, but I hope this update is a good representative of JasonW's original intent.

Offline nitram

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2015, 07:28:56 PM »
Thanks for your hard work dentonlt.
Lots left to do/fix, but I hope this update is a good representative of JasonW's original intent.
Is the script still in testing or can it now be used to formally submit an extension?

Offline dentonlt

• the trombone analog
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2015, 07:47:22 PM »
Is the script still in testing or can it now be used to formally submit an extension?

To submit? no. To check your extensions, yes. There are still bugs in it, though, so it would be smart to check over your extension yourself, too.

At the least, the current script can help identify some common errors in submissions. Hope it's good for that.

Offline dentonlt

• the trombone analog
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »
Update 20151004 hit the repo today. Next update (to submit in the next week?) adds library checking to help identify missing files in dep list. Knock on wood.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk