WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to submit a new extension?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline dacarman

How to submit a new extension?
« on: February 07, 2021, 08:47:28 AM »
Hi all.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I would like to share a new SDL2 TCZ version I compiled with the great help of Manuel (active member of the SDL developers community) but I don't know exactly how I should upload or share it, as this forum have a 128KB per file limit (my files have a total size of around 7MB).

Also, I noticed in other post that looks like there is a specific GMail account where to send the files, but I don't know which account is.

This version does not require a window manager to work, it can be used for programs, games, emulators, etc. directly from the CLI. I guess it can also be hugely improved, because of that, if it is allowed to be published here finally, I would like to have feedback and suggestions.

I've been testing it under PiCore 11 - 12 and it works OK for me, but it is needed to "export" the proper variables and configurations you will need, and also load the other required extensions or libraries depending on the software to be run, like ALSA, libEGL, libGLES, etc. (EGL and GLES already included in the .dep file)

Hope it helps. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 08:57:23 AM by dacarman »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: How to submit a new extension?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 10:12:27 AM »
Hi dacarman
You are not allowed to post binary attachments. Extension submittals may not be made in the forum.
The instructions for emailing the extension are here:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/doku.php?id=wiki:creating_extensions#submitting
Use the  tcesubmit  email address, not the  picoresubmit  address.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:31:58 PM by Rich »