WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: gtk2-dev missing header?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline gavs

gtk2-dev missing header?
« on: December 04, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »
Hello

I was attempting to update some applications. While trying to build GMPC, which has gtk2-dev as a dependency, I get an error message saing that gdkconfig.h is not found. The previous time I built GMPC was with gtk2-dev 2.24.20 which had file usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/include/gdkconfig.h . Such a file is not listed in gtk2-dev 2.24.32, the current extension.

When I searched the forum I found the topic "gtk2 is too old (?)" from 2009 where I believe this same issue of the missing header was discussed and resolved.

Should this header be in the current extension?

Sorry, I think this should be in TCE Talk not TCB Talk. Could not find how to move.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:02:08 PM by gavs »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: gtk2-dev missing header?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »
Hi gavs
In the future, when reporting a problem, please include the version number of Tinycore and the architecture. I'm guessing
you're referring TC11 32 bit since the 64 bit version includes the file in question. I did ran a diff between the TC4 and TC10
versions of  /usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/include/gdkconfig.h  and they were identical, so it's likely it will work under TC11. I attached
a copy if you need it.

... Sorry, I think this should be in TCE Talk not TCB Talk. Could not find how to move.
I'll fix it.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 01:45:36 AM »
gtk2-dev reposted - thanks for reporting this.

Offline gavs

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 07:55:52 AM »
Thank you Rich for moving this post to the proper Board. You guessed correctly that I am building with TC11.1 32 bit. I did not download the header as I was able to update the gtk2-dev extension that Juanito reposted. Thank you Juanito for taking care of this. The build got past this point.