WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: 11.x kernel, extension and module inquiry  (Read 1275 times)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
11.x kernel, extension and module inquiry
« on: December 02, 2020, 10:40:14 PM »
Hi guys!
Just a suggestion: When adding or removing support/devices to the kernel, leave a change-log file in x.x/platform/src/kernel (it would be nice to see things before they're implemented.)

Also, what's happened to the repo?  (ie: kernel sources/patches/etc. missing, etc. from v9 and newer that I've looked within just a minute ago in x86/64 and possibly others?)If the patches, configs, etc. haven't changed between adjacent versions, a link to the last valid file would be quite helpful, along with a copy (or link to) the original kernel.org source file used.  I needed to recompile 11.x kernel to include or mod i2c under x86_64 and 11.x/x86_64/src doesn't exist.  (ASUS Hero motherboards running Ryzen 7+ processors oddly need i2c for their onboard NIC which thankfully 8.x still has in the x64 extensions and that happened to be the version I USB booted from.)
Regardless, if you guys wouldn't mind uploading 11.x/platform/src/kernel/* files it would be quite appreciated!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: 11.x kernel, extension and module inquiry
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 11:49:59 PM »
Usually there aren't many config changes, just accepting defaults for new options; and you can always diff the .config.

I think you mistyped the path, it's always been x86/release/src.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
Re: 11.x kernel, extension and module inquiry
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 12:13:02 AM »
LOL I think you might be right.  (As noted above I used an 8.x boot media) I looked in the 8.x directory and 'src' was seen at 8.x/x86_64/src/... (I didn't dig further for some reason) when I copied over vmlinuz64 (etc) from 11.x I noticed 11.x/x86_64/src was missing. Oops!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair