WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: HP P1005 and RPI Zero W  (Read 1764 times)

Offline matteo

HP P1005 and RPI Zero W
« on: September 02, 2020, 10:06:24 AM »
Hello,
I have a USB printer HP P1005, linked directly to USB port of a RPI Zero W. The main idea is to use RPI Zero W with piCore as a print server. I installed cups.tcz and its dependencies (piCore 11.x) with tce-ab; I tried also to wget hplip.tcz (from piCore 9.x) and installed it.
I started cups, I connected via browser IPaddress:631/admin, added a new printer choosing the driver "hpcups 3.17.10, requires proprietary plugin (en)", logged as root.
The print "obviously" fails :-(

$ /usr/local/lib/cups/backend/usb gives:
direct usb://HP/LaserJet%20P1005 “HP LaserJet P1005” “HP LaserJet P1005” “MFGHewlett-Packard:MDL-HP LaserJet P1005;CMD:ACL;CLS:PRINTER;DES:HP LaserJet P1005;” “”

$ Hp-setup gives an error while or after importing CUPS EXT: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
$ Hp-check -t gives a warning, CUPS EXT could not be loaded. Please HPLIP for installation.
$ Hp-doctor gives an error: exception() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given).
$ Hp-plugin gives an error while or after importing CUPS EXT: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Python2.7 is installed; the module openssl.tcz is already installed. Does it provide libssl and libcrypto? Does someone have a clue about how to solve the issue? I read that HP printers are quite a problem for almost everybody ;-) Thanks

Matteo
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 10:09:53 AM by matteo »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: HP P1005 and RPI Zero W
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:01:04 AM »
Hi matteo
... I tried also to wget hplip.tcz (from piCore 9.x) and installed it. ...
That was compiled against  openssl-1.0 , TC11 uses  openssl-1.1.  That's why you are getting this message:
Code: [Select]
libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Offline matteo

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 01:54:49 PM »
Ok! I thought the problem was CUPS EXT but I found cups ext.so in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages...

If I switch back to openssl.tcz from the piCore 9.x while keeping piCore 11.x, I will mess up quite few things loosing ssh and wifi authentication. And probably something else. It is not an option.

Do you suggest I should go back to the beginning, I mean back to piCore 9.x and stay with that version? That way I could keep ssh, wifi and I could try to have hplip working.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 02:04:08 PM »
Hi matteo
You could revert to piCore 9.x, or you could wait for Juanito to weigh in. He might provide an update for piCore 11.x or piCore 12.x.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:25 PM »
hplip is really painful to compile with many hard coded paths to find and correct - it could be a while before I get around to to updating it.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 06:20:39 AM »
Hi matteo
Based on that answer, if piCore 9.x will work for you, you might want to consider installing that. This way you can move forward
on figuring out your printer setup. Since this will basically be an appliance (print server), it shouldn't really matter whether you
are running piCore 9.x, 11.x, or 12.x.

Offline matteo

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 08:11:19 AM »
Hello, thanks Rich, thanks Juanito.TC 9.x should be ok for the print server. I will start with a clean system as soon as possibile and add the modules I need.