WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: rtsp camera  (Read 1544 times)

Offline mikegleasonjr

rtsp camera
« on: August 18, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »
Hi, I have managed to configure a raspberry pi zero (armv6). The wifi and the camera to works (raspivid).

I would like to turn this thing into an IP camera.

I saw some example on the net using vcl or ffmpeg. But no tcz seems to exist for those.

Should I try to compile vlc myself?

Or can anyone tell me how to turn the h264 feed into an MP4 format over the network?

Thanks!

Offline mikegleasonjr

Re: rtsp camera
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:05:27 AM »
Also, I want to report a bug.

I added wifi.sh -a in /opt/bootlocal.sh and if I don't have a keyboard plugged in on boot. It does not get executed.

But if I plug in a keyboard, even after boot, the script gets executed. So let's say I boot without a keyboard, then wait 5 mins, then plug in the keyboard, I will see the message in the console that the script is executing right after I plug in the keyboard.

I don't know, seems like the USB hub gets detected when I plug in something, then the script gets executed. Didn't try with another device than the keyboard.

Offline mikegleasonjr

Re: rtsp camera
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 10:06:21 AM »
OK so I got it working.

What I did is that I compiled live555 from src. I modified the provided test program in testProgs/testH264VideoStreamer.cpp to read from "stdin" instead of "test.264". Recompiled and copied the binary to the home folder.

Now at startup I issue:
Code: [Select]
raspivid -fl -rot 90 -w 640 -h 480 -fps 30 -b 300000 -t 0 -o - | /home/tc/H264VideoStreamer
My raspberry pi zero w uses about 10% CPU, that's pretty awesome.

But still I have the problem that it won't execute
Code: [Select]
/opt/bootlocal.sh is I don't have a keyboard plugged in at boot.