WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: i don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but no "view source" in minefield?  (Read 4606 times)

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
"view selection source" would be even cooler. but a browser without view source...

i don't have any plugins  installed right now and i'm trying to look at the link to a video. i guess i'll save the html, open in nano... but that's a little crazy. i hope it's not part of that "unneeded cruft" that was mentioned.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
It's possible that got disabled as a part of some other option. Everyone is of course free to download an official build from Mozilla, if they would like to.

It might require additional libs (Xorg most likely), creates the ~60mb url filter database, and is slower, but it might have something desired.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
...Everyone is of course free to download an official build from Mozilla, if they would like to.

It might require additional libs (Xorg most likely), creates the ~60mb url filter database, and is slower, but it might have something desired.

no thank you, i think i'll just list it as a bug, as it seems more like one than a deliberate exclusion, and if there is a major update in the future perhaps it will include view source.

tc happens to be the only distro i enjoy using ff3 in, i miss ff2 and the version in dsl 4.4.2 is great. but then i never got flash working in that version. i hope a better, lighter (but not crippled) browser comes along, ff was great but i think ff4 won't be better. kazehakase is great but needs some basic options like turn javascript on/off without about:config, or support for noscript or an identical plugin, and what happened to "load images automatically... but not for third party sites?" i don't like konq and i won't use opera again until it's open source. i'm surprised icefox/whatever is the best browser out there.

Offline mikshaw

It might require additional libs (Xorg most likely), creates the ~60mb url filter database
The last one I downloaded (3.0.1) works simply with Gtk2, and there is no required filter download (you can disable it in about:config).