WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Would Tiny Core run Logitech Media Server  (Read 8261 times)

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
Re: Would Tiny Core run Logitech Media Server
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2020, 10:31:20 AM »
This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 0 (v5.28.0) built for i486-linux-thread-m                                                                                    ulti

Yes, perl is the source of the incompatibility.  LMS included binaries are expecting.  i386-linux-thread-mulit-64int.

It's much easier to build a perl with that arch tag than trying to build the CPAN files for the perl that is built into TinyCore9.    I can followup with instructions a bit later today.

Offline diode84

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 10:36:23 AM »
This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 0 (v5.28.0) built for i486-linux-thread-m                                                                                    ulti

Yes, perl is the source of the incompatibility.  LMS included binaries are expecting.  i386-linux-thread-mulit-64int.

It's much easier to build a perl with that arch tag than trying to build the CPAN files for the perl that is built into TinyCore9.    I can followup with instructions a bit later today.
Yes that would be good.

Offline diode84

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 10:17:45 AM »

I would really appreciate any suggestions to get this going.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2020, 07:15:16 PM »
Sorry, forgot to post the instructions.....

The only dependency should be the compiletc.tcz extension.

I see you have a disk mounted at /mnt/sdb1.  Its going to be important that the disk is always mounted this way, as we are going to install a persistent perl to the drive, and once configured and installed you won't be able to change it.  (Without rebuilding perl)

-make a source directory there....../mnt/sdb1/source
-get perl 5.26.3 from https://www.cpan.org/src/README.html
-extract the source
-configure the perl with the following
Code: [Select]
./Configure -des -Dprefix=/mnt/sdb1/perl5.26 -Duseshrplib -Dusethreads -Duse64bitint -Darchname=i386-linux-thread-multi-64int
-once configured, run make
-then make install

From here, you just need to make sure you use this version of perl to start LMS, if all your using is LMS on this system, then just remove the perl extension, and add /mnt/sdb1/perl5.26/bin to your path.....

You also may need to install some extra perl libraries to your system, especially if you are using https based streaming services.  One common one is IO::Socket::SSL

You can use cpan to install them