WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Questions to FAQ about TCL  (Read 29952 times)

TinyCoreLinux

Re: Questions to FAQ about TCL
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 07:27:18 PM »
@PDF-8
Hello guys! to be honest you don't have to apologize to anyone.because this is just a discussion of technical topics and interests.

In the course of this discussion, it is inevitable for us to reach the same point of view, which I think is normal; otherwise, I think it is abnormal.

If we reach the same point of view, what is the use of discussing?

You may misunderstand what I said, of course I believe it is my fault. It may be due to lack of technical knowledge or poor language skills,I hope you can forgive me.

However, I want to make it clear that I am not trying to resist TCL or persuade others. If so, I would not use TCL. On the contrary, I like TCL very much, and I am very grateful for all the efforts of the TCL team to make TCL such a convenient system.Thank you for your efforts!!!

I don't know how you understand the question. How to convert *. Deb /*. RPM to *. TCZ ".

If the problem is still the same, but they are in a different position, I do not know how you would understand my problem.

It seems that I still have to explain my intention in my question. If you are willing, I hope you can still participate in my discussion in the future. Thank you for your participation!!! :)

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 07:46:31 PM »
Q2: How is the software in the repo compiled? (This question is actually my original intention of Q1. I am afraid that some people may misunderstand me, so I repeat it.)

I have repeatedly read the section on "creating TCZ extensions" in TCL wiki, but I do not understand it.

Is there any friend who can provide me with a simple example to explain the specific steps? For example, I want to compile chromium myself now? What are the steps?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:48:28 PM by NOOB »

Offline Sashank999

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 08:01:55 PM »
*.tcz files are just like zip files in another format and another compression algorithm with only read permission.
Rich already said it. But I am just elaborating it.
As many packages use the famous autotools, I am using them in examples. There are also other tools like cmake, jam(Just Another Make), ...
Simple abbrievated steps :
  • Get the Source
  • Compile it (DONOT INSTALL IT)
Like the "./configure, make" steps. Instructions will be in the source inside files like BUILD.md, INSTALL.md.
  • Create a marker file for finding newly installed files
Code: [Select]
touch mymarker
  • Install the package from the compiled things
sudo make install
  • Create a list of the files installed by find command
sudo find / -not -type 'd' -cnewer mymarker | grep -v "\/proc\/" | grep -v "^\/sys\/" | tee files
editor files [remove unneeded files like ".cache", ".mozilla", etc.]
  • Create a tar archive from the list of files created above
sudo tar -T files --numeric-owner -zcvf extension.tce
  • Create a new test directory, unpack the tar archive in this test folder
mkdir /tmp/pkg
cp extension.tce /tmp/pkg
cd /tmp/pkg
sudo tar xf extension.tce
rm extension.tce
cd ..
  • Create a squashfs archive from the folder
sudo mksquashfs pkg/ extension.tcz

After this, read the Rich's post again. Then you will get a basic idea of the tcz.
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:12:26 PM by Sashank999 »

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 09:07:13 PM »
    @Sashank999
    Thank you very much!

1) Where do I get the source other than git hub? Can you recommend some websites?

2)Where should other autoTools be downloaded?

3)We build the software ourselves do we need to solve the dependency problem? If so, how?

Offline Sashank999

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »
    1) For some websites, sources are inside the Downloads Section.
    For example, to get the source of a python package we usually go to PyPI (here, we are getting source of psutil), https://pypi.org/project/psutil/#files Go here and see the files mentioned as source.
    Sourceforge - https://www.sourceforge.net/ and Launchpad - https://www.launchpad.net/ are some others I know.

2) Autotools is the common name of a collection of packages. These are autoconf, automake, libtool, gnulib. On TinyCore, you can install these all by getting the compiletc extension.

3) We ourselves should solve the problem. During compilation, if we don't have the required libraries or header files, make will warn us for required files (in red) and then stop compilation. Then, open Apps browser, change "Search" to "Provides" and then search for the file missing. Then open the tcz listed and see the files section of the tcz if the file is present. Requirements are usually listed inside the Install.md or Readme.md or Build.md or in the website. You would also require *-dev.tcz of the requirements during compilation (not to run it).
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:36:38 PM by Sashank999 »

aus9

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 10:25:27 PM »
    For example, I want to compile chromium myself now? What are the steps?

There is an old compile script here. You may need to mod it as the build dependences may have changed
    and the running dependencies may have changed. I am sure there may be other changes too.
    http://tinycorelinux.net/9.x/x86_64/tcz/src/chromium-browser/compile_chromium-browser

Have a gander at the times please
    [0:20:11] + [7h 41m 50s]

I look forward to someone who has the time to do that.

You might be better off just trying to compile other packages first that require git and ninja?
    I know one (giggles) but I am by no means an expert on anything.
    http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86_64/tcz/src/slurp/build-slurp.sh

If interested in trying out...use Apps and download only each of these packages
    compiletc submitqc meson wayland-dev cairo-dev scdoc-dev git libxkbcommon-dev

they will pull down other dependencies eg meson will pull ninja

Good luck

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2020, 11:31:01 PM »
    @aus9
    [0:20:11] + [7h 41m 50s]????? :o :o :o
    Thank you very much! Are you kidding me? May I venture to ask on which machine this data was obtained? So I can prepare myself psychologically in advance. :D

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
    « Reply #22 on: July 29, 2020, 11:35:07 PM »
    It was an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

If you wish to try compiling it might be better to start with something simple like "sed" for example.

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2020, 11:37:32 PM »
    @Juanito @Rich @Administrator
    Can you update Chromium-browser.tcz? Why is there no such thing as" Chromium_getLatest.tcz" Extensions for updating Chromium?How do I update Chromium?
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:39:41 PM by NOOB »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
    « Reply #24 on: July 29, 2020, 11:39:40 PM »
    Extensions are user contributed. As you see in chromium-browser.tcz.info, it was sent by Arslan S. If there is no extension for something, it is because no user (like you) cared enough to make one.
    The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2020, 12:05:32 AM »
    @Juanito
    Thank you for advice!

@Juanito @Rich @curaga
     I sent you a private message. Can you have a look at it?! :P

@curaga
    Oh, I see!
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:10:26 AM by NOOB »

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2020, 12:15:57 AM »
    Q3: Why the Chinese input method(fcitx-sunpinyin.tcz) can not be activated without any reaction after installation? How do I properly install and configure the Chinese input method so that I can enter Chinese.

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2020, 03:06:04 AM »
    When I uninstalled Wine, the extensions related to my GUI were uninstalled, and I don't know why this happened.

If an extension has dependencies, it should not be deleted, but this is not the case.Again, I hope the administrator can fix this problem.

Now as soon as I use "tce-load" to download xorg-7.7, there will be an error and it cannot be downloaded. Do I have to reinstall the system?Is there any other way?
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:18:10 AM by NOOB »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
    « Reply #28 on: July 30, 2020, 03:18:03 AM »
    How are you uninstalling wine?

As long as wine is not in onboot.lst and you reboot, it will not be loaded, but will remain in your tce/optional folder in case you need to use it in future.

TinyCoreLinux

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2020, 03:20:48 AM »
    Hello @Juanito
    I am used "Apps Browsers" →"Makeup Deletion"
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:31:16 AM by NOOB »