WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] mplayer-cli fails under Xfbdev in TC11  (Read 1473 times)

Offline jazzbiker

[Solved] mplayer-cli fails under Xfbdev in TC11
« on: August 10, 2020, 11:08:50 AM »
Hi, Core people!

I am using Xfbdev, and in TC10 mplayer worked without any problems both under X and in command-line too. But in TC11 mplayer fails under X with:
Code: [Select]
Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".
under command line with -vo fbdev mplayer silently dies with exit code 1.
I've tried both repo extension mplayer-cli.tcz and tried building mplayer using get_mplayer.tcz from TC10 repo (workes fine in TC10) . Errors are the same.
What were the changes for fbdev in TC11 (mplayer fails under command line too) , and can something be done with this issue?

I will be grateful for any advices.

Regards!

EDIT: May it be kernel issue?
EDIT2: Sorry, i didn't mentioned that it is x86 version.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 07:18:06 AM by Rich »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: mplayer-cli fails under Xfbdev in TC11
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 12:17:00 AM »
-vo xv requires Xvideo, which tinyx does not have. Use -vo x11 on tinyx.
-vo fbdev requires a framebuffer with nothing else running, ie no Xfbdev, but a pure console.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline jazzbiker

Re: mplayer-cli fails under Xfbdev in TC11
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 01:43:54 AM »
@curaga, thanks  for pushing me to the right way!

The problem were wrong settings in ~/.mplayer/config. I don't know, what was wrong with them, but they broke even direct demands for "-vo fbdev" in the CLI invocation of mplayer, and influenced mplayer-cli.tcz too. I was not correcting them, i've deleted bad file and made the new one correct. The bad file was placed here by get_mplayer.sh script from get_mplayer.tcz, so, guys, if You will use this extension don't agree to write the proposed config, "optimized" for low-end computers, better make Your own config. In general, mplayer_custom.tcz from TC10 repo creates working 1.3 version of mplayer for TC11, You only need to change ncurses to ncursesw in mplayer_custom.tcz.dep file. I use CLI-only version, no OSD, no GUI.

Thanks again, this was my bad, sorry for distracting You with the silly questions.

@Rich, please mark as SOLVED, or simply delete the thread.

Regards!

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: [Solved] mplayer-cli fails under Xfbdev in TC11
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 07:20:28 AM »
Hi jazzbiker
... @Rich, please mark as SOLVED, or simply delete the thread. ...
Marked as solved.

We do not delete threads. Someone else may run into the same issue and find this thread useful.