WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: artificial intelligence; automatic HW identification and driver download  (Read 81 times)

Offline xor

In terms of the philosophy of minimalism, it also needs to consume little resources in time and labor.

artificial intelligence; automatic HW identification and driver download

Especially for someone trying to learn this system for the first time, the processes of identifying non-universal, variable hardware and finding and installing drivers are unnecessary waste of time and effort.

artificial intelligence ; automatic identification of equipment, and downloading of drivers automatically

lshw
lspci
lsusb
lsblk
lscpu
lsmem

Can you write a simple and easy script that does everything right in this regard!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:47:57 PM by xor »

Offline Sashank999

That isn't AI. That is called scripting.

By saying equipment, what do you mean ? - Wireless Adapter Drivers ? GPU Drivers ? Display Drivers ? Keyboard Drivers ? Mice ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:49:31 PM by Sashank999 »

Offline Sashank999

What ? I don't understand poetric language.

Offline xor

That isn't AI. That is called scripting.

all artificial intelligence are programs that do only what is desired.
a real artificial intelligence; does not respond to requests.

By saying equipment, what do you mean ? - Wireless Adapter Drivers ? GPU Drivers ? Display Drivers ? Keyboard Drivers ? Mice ?

any HW hardware equipment that needs driver downloads for use
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:01:38 PM by xor »

Offline xor

It is obvious that the problems I read mostly have problems with the video card driver and wifi modem driver!

Offline Sashank999

For downloading, we would need a wifi or ethernet. But if we have wifi problem and no ethernet, then that script would be of no use.

Offline xor

I'm not talking about a problem that has happened.

literally utopian solutions

I am trying to discuss the creation of the road map of the future :)

For downloading, we would need a wifi or ethernet. But if we have wifi problem and no ethernet, then that script would be of no use.