WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] How to remove wbar ?  (Read 8198 times)

Offline LZ_89

[Solved] How to remove wbar ?
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:50:27 PM »
I am wanting to remove the wbar but can't seem to remove it fully. I searched through the forums here and found one post that said to go to Apps<Maintenance<Dependencies and Deletions and select wbar.tcz from the list, select mark for deletion and then reboot. After rebooting, the wbar was still there. I went back into Apps and checked to see if wbar.tcz was deleted and it was. So, now I'm not sure what happened. I have spent quite a bit of time looking through the forums and documentation for answers and haven't found it. I am new to Linux and do not understand a whole lot yet. I am using VirtualBox and the Icewm version of CorePlus.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:07:35 AM by Rich »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: How to remove wbar ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:12:58 PM »
Hi LZ_89
Welcome to the forum. Is it possible what you are seeing is provided by  icewm  and not  wbar.tcz? If so, you may have to search
for information on how to configure  icewm.

Offline LZ_89

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 09:45:37 PM »
Ok. I will see what I can find. Thank you.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 09:58:29 PM »
I am wanting to remove the wbar but can't seem to remove it fully. I searched through the forums here and found one post that said to go to Apps<Maintenance<Dependencies and Deletions and select wbar.tcz from the list, select mark for deletion and then reboot. After rebooting, the wbar was still there.

You don't necessarily need to delete wbar - just remove it from "onboot" and it will not be loaded.

Offline LZ_89

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 10:33:35 PM »
How do I do that? I've already went and removed it from Apps, so if I try to look it up in Dependencies and Deletions, it's not there.

Offline Sashank999

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 10:54:21 PM »
Hi LZ_89,

You will find a file named "onboot.lst" in /etc/sysconfig/tcedir folder. Open it and remove the line containing "wbar.tcz".

If you are a GUI user, you can use Apps GUI. Open it, click on Apps -> Maintanence -> Onboot Maintenance select wbar.tcz from right side and click on the button "Delete item from list" located at the bottom of the window.

Offline LZ_89

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 11:13:07 PM »
Thank you for that info. Unfortunately, wbar.tcz was not in either one. Oddly though, I did find seven wbar files in: user/local/bin. Here is the list: wbar, wbar.sh, wbar_mv_icon, wbar_parseConf, wbar_rm_icon, Wbar_setup.sh and wbar_update.sh. I am using SpaceFM as my file manager. For some reason, SpaceFM won't delete them since when I right click on them, the option to delete is grayed out and is unavailable.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 11:21:13 PM »
What happens when you try this:
Code: [Select]
$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/wbar
$ sudo rm /usr/local/bin/wbar

If wbar has been removed by the above, then you can right-click on the wbar screen area or exit to the console prompt, "startx" and wbar should be gone.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 11:39:12 PM »
Hi Juanito
Maybe LZ_89 backed up all or part of  /usr/local/bin ?

Offline LZ_89

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 11:52:12 PM »
What happens when you try this:
Code: [Select]
$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/wbar
$ sudo rm /usr/local/bin/wbar

If wbar has been removed by the above, then you can right-click on the wbar screen area or exit to the console prompt, "startx" and wbar should be gone.
How do I exit to console prompt?

Offline Sashank999

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 11:57:42 PM »
Type "startx" and hit Enter.

Offline LZ_89

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 12:08:42 AM »
Thank you.When I input the "startx"command, it returns with: nohp: redirecting stderr to stdout   nohup:failed to run Command 'wbar': No such file or directory. It then repeats these two responses over and over like a dozen times before stopping. The wbar does go away, but when I check the /user/local/bin directory, the files are still there. I even rebooted the VM, but wbar comes back.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 12:33:54 AM »
Have you installed tinycore in the vm or are you booting the iso each time?

If you boot the iso then wbar will be loaded each time you reboot.

To exit to the console prompt use the exit icon and choose "exit to prompt".

Offline LZ_89

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2020, 12:43:05 AM »
I used the tc install program, so I think I've installed it in the VM. When I reboot or start the vm, I've been selecting the option that has icewm in it. If that is not the right one, I'm not sure what boot option I should be selecting.

Online xor

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2020, 12:43:12 AM »
it's easier to create a new package from the kernel :)