WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: user/developer photo gallery and introductions  (Read 2771 times)

Offline GNUser

user/developer photo gallery and introductions
« on: May 07, 2020, 07:59:29 AM »
We interact a lot in this forum, so it's a bit strange that we can't put any faces to names. During this difficult phase when we're seeing less of people's faces in our everyday lives, I thought it would be nice to reverse the trend here. I'll start...

He's a picture of me with my three sons. Fourth son is on the way.

I'm Catholic, married, father, medical doctor (pathologist), 42 years old. Real name is Bruno. I'm originally from Brazil but reside in the USA. I love Tiny Core Linux and use it on my personal laptop (an X200 with Libreboot) and on my homebrewed wireless router (an Asus Eee-PC from the jurassic period).

Offline neonix

Re: user/developer photo gallery and introductions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 12:04:39 AM »
Very optimistic photo. It looks you have great family. Does those corn fields indicates that you are also a farmer? When you install Libreboot in your compute is there risk that your compute could be irrevocably bricked?

Offline GNUser

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 06:29:50 AM »
Thank you, neonix. Alas, I know nothing about farming. I live in a part of the country (south NJ) where there's a lot of farmland--we were at a corn maze close to home.

One of the first steps in flashing Libreboot is to backup the current (stock non-free) BIOS, which you can restore if there's a problem. So it's a low-risk operation if:
- you have a compatible computer
- you have the necessary equipment (e.g., Beaglebone Black) and
- you carefully follow the directions

Keep in mind: Just because a computer is compatible with Libreboot doesn't mean it's easy to physically reach its BIOS chip--some computers (e.g., T400) require extensive disassembly. The X200 is ideal for Libreboot because it's compatible AND the BIOS chip is easily accessible (just remove the palm rest and the chip is right there staring back at you). Feel free to send me a PM if you want more detailed advice. I'd be happy to help spread computing freedom :)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:39:37 AM by GNUser »

Offline GNUser

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »
@Rich - Kindly delete this thread. I thought there'd be some interest. Seeing there's none, I feel silly for having started it.

If you'd like to save the posts about Libreboot, there's a thread about TCL and Libreboot here:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 11:43:51 AM »
Hi, GNUser!

Thank You for beautiful photo! Please, wait a bit before deleting this thread, I want to post myself too, but usually I am on the other side of viewfinder, and putting me onto the image sensor needs additional efforts )

Great guys roll this tiny world )

Offline GNUser

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
Thank you, jazzbiker. Let's leave the thread here, then. Hopefully there will be others, but two is already a party :)

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »
Hi, all Tiny Core makers and lovers!

Here we are with my younger son. My name is Andrey, I live in Odessa, Ukraine.
In our life some things make us feel really good, for me such were jazz music and riding bike during almost all my life, if talk about something created by a humans.  Tiny Core appeared to be the OS of my dreams, I expect it perfect, beautiful and charming. And of course flexible, effective and powerful. Tiny Core is the next thing in my life which make me feel really good ) If it is funny, You can laugh at it )
I'm very grateful to its creators and maintainers!

Cheers )

[EDIT]: Image removed as requested.  Rich
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 05:05:58 PM by Rich »

Offline GNUser

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 11:15:31 AM »
Nice to meet you, Andrey. I've actually been to Odessa before, many years ago when I was visiting a friend who lives in Yuzhne. Odessa is a beautiful city. I remember the seaport and the old opera house, which was being renovated at the time. Buvay!

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 11:18:45 AM »
Hi, GNUser! Thanks, our planet is so little...
Can You give me advice were to find rules of posting photos on the forum? I've no need before...

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 11:25:29 AM »
Hi jazzbiker
... Can You give me advice were to find rules of posting photos on the forum? I've no need before...
What kind of rules are you looking for?

Offline GNUser

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 11:29:10 AM »
The way you did it is fine--I was able to view it, just had to login and click on the attachment. To have the image show up inside your post, you have to upload the image to a webserver somewhere (e.g., imgbb.com or imgur.com) then put the image's URL between img tags, like this:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://foo.com/bar[/img]If you mean some kind of "code of conduct" for what's appropriate to post, I don't know where to find that but I'm sure your picture does not violate the rules :) If there are such rules, Rich would probably know where to find them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:34:17 AM by GNUser »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 11:36:46 AM »
Hi GNUser
... To have the image show up inside your post, you have to upload the image to a webserver somewhere (e.g., imgbb.com or imgur.com) then put the URL between img tags, like this:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://foo.com/bar[/img] ...
The other way you can do it is attach your image, post your message, copy the link to the attachment, edit your post, paste the link between  img  tags, and save your post. Just 6 simple steps.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 11:43:10 AM »
Wow, Rich and GNUser, just  hack! Thanks!

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 11:46:08 AM »
Hi jazzbiker
... PS. Oops, attachment is not shown...
I made it visible.

Rules for posting pictures. It's never come up before, but lets start with these:
1. Keep it family friendly.
2. Keep image size at or below 800 x 600.

That's all that comes to mind so far. I'll add to the list if it becomes necessary.