WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Flatpak  (Read 5924 times)

Offline Lachu

Re: Flatpak
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 05:00:05 AM »
It won't worked even if I installed suggested package.

Application uses WebKit2Gtk+ .
(RCGstore:3633): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 11:54:19.364: g_subprocess_launcher_spawnv: assertion 'argv != NULL && argv[0] != NULL && argv[0][0] != '\0'' failed
Segmentation fault

Previously gdb segfaults, when I try to debug exe file, but if application loads into memory, probably I can debug.

Offline Lachu

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 05:11:33 AM »
(RCGstore:3508): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 12:07:34.326: g_subprocess_launcher_spawnv: assertion 'argv != NULL && argv[0] != NULL && argv[0][0] != '\0'' failed

Thread 1 "RCGstore" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff46225c1 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007ffff46225c1 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

I must probably install debug symbols. Is there any way to save list of installed packages and remove installed after backup list creation?

Offline GNUser

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 05:25:28 AM »
Is there any way to save list of installed packages
This will do it:
Code: [Select]
$ tce-status -i >installed_packages.txtAnother approach is to copy  tce/onboot.lst  and  tce/optional/  somewhere, then go ahead and install whatever you need for debugging. When debugging is done and you want to return to running only pre-debugging set of extensions, just restore the saved  tce/onboot.lst  and  tce/optional/.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 05:55:24 AM »
Hi Lachu
... Is there any way to save list of installed packages ...
This will create a list of all installed packages:
ls -1 /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/*.tcz > packages.lstThat's a  one  after the  ls  command.

Save  packages.lst  and a copy of your  onboot.lst  file someplace safe. You might also want to save a copy of your
 /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/mydata.tgz  file in case you have any configuration settings backed up in there.

... and remove installed after backup list creation?
You want to remove all installed extensions? Boot using the  text base norestore  boot codes. At the prompt, enter:
busybox rm -f /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/*
If you want to re-installed all your extensions, boot using the  text base norestore  boot codes. At the prompt, enter:
busybox rm -f /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/*
for i in `cat onboot.lst`; do tce-load -iw "$i"; done
Those are  back ticks  surrounding the  cat  command. They should be on your  ~  key.

You can then:
ls -1 /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/*.tcz > installed.lst
diff -u packages.lst installed.lst
This will list any discrepancies between your previous and current installations.

Or you can just copy your  tce  directory someplace safe and restore it when you are done.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:43:13 PM by Rich »

Offline Lachu

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 12:30:43 PM »
Thanks. I worked as software developer and known about onboot.lst. I also found optional directory, but don't known the meaning. I don't known that's too simple. I will prepare a list of installed extensions, delete content of optional and reinstall all missing stuff.

Offline Lachu

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2020, 12:31:55 PM »
One question. Is there name suffix/prefix for debuginfo packages or switch in tce-load to install debug symbol for some application/library?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2020, 12:41:36 PM »
Hi Lachu
Packages are typically stripped. There are no debug packages that I am aware of. If you need any packages with symbols, you
will need to compile them yourself.

If you are planning on tracing with  gdb , then compile with no optimization ( -O0 ). Also, do not use the Link Time Optimizer (-flto)
because it interferes with  gdb  being able to display code listings.

Offline Lachu

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 07:05:14 AM »
I have a problem. Under other distro I need only install gcc, build-essentials or gcc-c. In tiny core there's no gcc-c package. I install gcc, but it doesn't pull standard C headers.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 07:26:28 AM »
Install compiletc

Offline Lachu

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
Ok. Thanks.
Now it compiles and works, but not working under OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. Error is similar to TC error, when there's no link to linker (no such file or directory). I can keep two version of the same application on the single partition, but prefer to avoid this, for example due to make updates easier. Is there way to found error in TC? Why it doesn't ran my AppImage? How to debug? Is there no other solution than compiling entire system?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 10:31:55 PM »
Just think how many apps you could have compiled natively on tinycore these last few days  ;)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 01:38:31 AM »
You're probably the only one using AppImages...
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Lachu

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2020, 07:33:59 AM »
Ok. I use two application version (one for OS Tumbleweed and second for TC), but apps installed by my application should fit to both systems. Best solution could be flatpak with external installation for both systems, but TC doesn't support it. AppImages launch on both systems, but there's magic error on TC and I can't find out, what happens (on OpenSUSE everything is working with AppImage, but I prepare AppImage on OpenSUSE from flatpak). Why the no such file or directory message displays, when I tried to ran app on wrong system? Many years ago I read it means that CPU architecture is wrong, but these days with amd64 on PC shouldn't be real problem.

Offline hiro

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2020, 03:17:43 AM »
i think the idea of appimage and flatpak was that *they* would do the work so that it would work on every OS.
clearly they have failed.
don't get washed away from their marketing, it is *not* distro-agnostic.