WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: OQO model 02 works fine with tc/dcore, though I have no idea why  (Read 1222 times)

Offline wtqppuiiru

This post is basically just a "thank you" to the developers.
The device only kinda worked with most distros: no wifi/sound, lots of modules required blacklisting, generally unstable.
I booted up tiny core just to get some stuff of an old debian partition on it that no longer started, and tried the wifi tool just for fun. It connected, and works fine.
Now I have persistent dcore-stretch installed on it, and was able to get basically everything working-wifi,sound(terrible quality), suspend/resume, stable, wacom pen.
I had to make a small change to and build the openchrome driver so it would use the screens native resolution of 800x480, but that was it.
I have no idea why the ath5k module works fine for this device on tiny core and not on anything else I've tried, but I'' take it

aus9

Re: OQO model 02 works fine with tc/dcore, though I have no idea why
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 08:47:47 PM »
Hi

I am not a dev member but welcome to the forum. I do not use dcore.

Does that mean, dcore has no *randr* packages that you can use to rescale your screen?
On 64 bit I can use arandr or lxrandr which offer GUI.

2) Maybe your sound needs a model=string if you are using intel sound?

Offline wtqppuiiru

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 09:27:13 AM »
It has xrandr, but it wasn't able to force 800x480 using the packaged openchrome driver which recognized the little flat panel display as having a native resolution of 1280x800, leading to a good portion of the display getting cut off. Just had to change one line in the source so it would use 800x480 as the native resolution.
I think it has intel sound, I might try and get it working better later but its not really i priority. I just thought it was funny it worked on dcore with almost no effort involved while everything else I've tried on it hangs while booting the moment any sound module gets involved.

aus9

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 04:41:26 PM »
Ok good your graphics are sorted.

try
Code: [Select]
lsmod | grep snd
if snd_hda_intel turns up you have intel