WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Reporting a failure in the gnumeric.tcz and open-vm-tools.tcz extensions  (Read 6289 times)

Offline marcelocripe

Subject: Reporting a failure in the gnumeric.tcz and open-vm-tools.tcz extensions.

Hello dear colleagues,

I report a failure in gnumeric.tcz, after downloading the extension and loading it, the program opens and then closes.

Tests performed in graphical mode with Apps: Regular Applications (tcz), Apps, Load App Locally, selected gnumeric.tcz, Load. The icon appeared in the menu and after clicking on it the program opened and then closed.

The same test was done on open-vm-tools.tcz, but the icon was not displayed in the menu. I tried to load it via terminal but did not start open-vm-tools.

graciously
marcelocripe

Original text in Portuguese, translated into English by Google translator.

--------------------

Assunto: Reportando falha nas extensões gnumeric.tcz e open-vm-tools.tcz.

Olá caros colegas,

Relato uma falha no gnumeric.tcz, após download da extensão e o carregamento, o programa abre e em seguida fecha.

Testes realizados no modo gráfico com com Apps: Regular Applications (tcz), Apps, Load App Locally, selecionado gnumeric.tcz, Load. O ícone apareceu no menu e após clicar sobre ele o programa abriu e em seguida fechou.

O mesmo teste foi feito no open-vm-tools.tcz, mas o ícone não foi exibido no menu. Tentei carregá-lo via terminal mas não iniciou o open-vm-tools.

Atenciosamente
marcelocripe

Texto original em português, traduzido para o inglês por Google tradutor.

Offline andyj

I am not sure what you mean. There is no icon that is part of open-vm-tools because it is a service which you must start manually. It does not start when it it loaded. Read the info file. Open-vm-tools-desktop should start when you run startx. If you load it after Xorg has started, you would need to run it manually from the command line as well. Again, read the info file.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Hi marcelocripe
... Tests performed in graphical mode with Apps: Regular Applications (tcz), Apps, Load App Locally, selected gnumeric.tcz, Load. The icon appeared in the menu and after clicking on it the program opened and then closed. ...
If you open a terminal and enter:
Code: [Select]
gnumericWhat is the response?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
I just tested tinycore-11.x x86 gnumeric - it produces a lot of warnings because it's old, but it seems to work..

Offline marcelocripe

I am not sure what you mean. There is no icon that is part of open-vm-tools because it is a service which you must start manually. It does not start when it it loaded. Read the info file. Open-vm-tools-desktop should start when you run startx. If you load it after Xorg has started, you would need to run it manually from the command line as well. Again, read the info file.

andyj,

Thank you for responding.

This VMware is not only download and upload, it is not that simple to use. Thanks for guiding me where to get instructions on the open-vm-tools.tcz extension.

Would there be another VMware that is simpler to use, preferably in graphics mode, available for Tiny Core Plus 11 32 bits?

Thankful.

marcelocripe

-------------------

andyj,

Agradeço por responder.

Esta VMware não é só baixar e carregar, não é tão simples de usar. Agradeço por me orientar onde obter instruções sobre a extensão open-vm-tools.tcz.

Por acaso teria outra VMware mais simples de usar, preferencialmente em modo gráfico, disponível para o Tiny Core Plus 11 32 bits?

Grato.

marcelocripe 

Offline marcelocripe

Hi marcelocripe
... Tests performed in graphical mode with Apps: Regular Applications (tcz), Apps, Load App Locally, selected gnumeric.tcz, Load. The icon appeared in the menu and after clicking on it the program opened and then closed. ...

Hi Rich and Juanito,

I will send the ScreenShots of the result in several messages due to the limited number of files and the size limitation of the files that can be sent to this forum.

Juanito, is the genumerc.tcz that is available for Tiny Core that is too old, or the genumerc source that is too old and no longer receives updates?

Would there be another equivalent to gnumeric.tcz that is not in the libreoffice.tcz package?

Would there be another equivalent to abiword.tcz that is not in the libreoffice.tcz package?
I refer to another post: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,23795.msg149425.html#msg149425

Thankful.
marcelocripe

------------------

Olá Rich e Juanito,

Enviarei os ScreenShot do resultado em várias mensagens devido limitação de quantidade de arquivos e da limitação de tamanho dos arquivos que podem ser enviados para este fórum.

Juanito, é o genumerc.tcz que está disponível para Tiny Core que está muito antigo, ou a fonte genumerc que está muito antiga e não recebe mais atualizações?

Por acaso teria outro equivalente ao gnumeric.tcz que não seja do pacote libreoffice.tcz?

Por acaso teria outro equivalente ao abiword.tcz que não seja do pacote libreoffice.tcz?
Refiro me a outra postagem: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,23795.msg149425.html#msg149425

Grato.
marcelocripe

Offline marcelocripe

Hi marcelocripe

continuing ...
Continuando ...

Offline marcelocripe

Hi marcelocripe

continuing ...
Continuando ...

Offline marcelocripe

Hi marcelocripe

continuing ...
continuando ...

Offline marcelocripe

Hi marcelocripe

The last.
A última.

Offline andyj

Sorry, but no. VMware doesn't provide any prebuilt binaries for TC, and if they did, they would be what we have. They should not be hard as long as you read the info file first. That is what it is for. I have been maintaining the open-vm-tools extensions for years, believe me, it is much easier now than it used to be. Remember that TC is not a plug and play distribution. If it is your first Linux experience you will have a steep learning curve.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Your error probably occurred because you are using Xvesa and gnumeric requires Xorg-7.7 or Xorg-7.7-3d

..please use copy and paste in future rather than obliging users who want to help to download twelve png files...

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Juanito, is the genumerc.tcz that is available for Tiny Core that is too old, or the genumerc source that is too old and no longer receives updates?

As per the info file the gnumeric extension in the x86 repo was last updated in 2013, the gnumeric source code was last updated in Nov 2019.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Hi marcelocripe
... .please use copy and paste in future rather than obliging users who want to help to download twelve png files...
The easiest way to do copy and paste is to redirect the output of a command into a file, for example:
gnumeric > gnumeric.txt 2>&1You can then copy/paste from that  gnumeric.txt  file.

Offline andyj

Easier still is after open-vm-tools-desktop is started, select the text with the mouse cursor then paste it into the forum with a mouse click. At least this works with a Linux host. Like everything else it's a little harder in Windows but the idea is the same.