WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Computer audio does not work with 32-bit Tiny Core Plus version 11.0.  (Read 12403 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Computer audio does not work with 32-bit Tiny Core Plus version 11.0.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 07:14:03 AM »
vlc3 pulls in  Xorg-7.7-3d  through its  libavdevice4 dependency

Ah - yes. Obviously not enough coffee at that point..

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »
Rico, Xor, Juanito.

Thank you for responding.

Rico, thanks for clarifying the differences between OnBoot, OnDemand, Download + Load and Download. And how to use the extensions in the appropriate places. I did a lot of research, found few explanations of the differences and found no explanations of how to use each option. For those who have mastered Tiny Core or other Linux distributions, it may all be very obvious, but for the Windows operating system, not everything is so obvious or easy to understand.

Let me see if I understand, I will describe the way I understood by asking questions:

I appreciate if you can correct or complement the texts, in whatever is necessary to be correct.

OnBoot - do extensions start with the boot of the Tiny Core operating system, similar to what happens with other Linux and Windows distributions?

OnDemand - the extensions are downloaded in the / mnt / sda1 / tce / ondemand directory and are installed but do not start together with the Tiny Core operating system boot, the extension is only started when the user runs or loads it with Apps: Regular Application (tcz), click Apps, Load App Locally, select the desired extension and click Load (graphic mode) or terminla (text mode)?

Download + Load and Download, it was not easy to understand their differences and the best way to be used.

Download - if I managed to understand anything, in this option the extensions are downloaded and are in the / mnt / sda1 / tce / optional directory, they are not installed and do not start together with the boot of the Tiny Core operating system. The extension starts only when the user runs or loads it with Apps: Regular Application (tcz), click Apps, Load App Locally, select the desired extension and click Load? And then what will happen when the computer is restarted?

Download + Load - and this option, downloads the extension and loads. And then what will happen when the computer is restarted?

When shutting down the computer, do the extension files in the options downloaded in Download or Download + Load mode and their dependencies are lost or deleted or remain in the optional folder?

I did as you wrote, I apologize, the text was out of order. I moved from OnDemand to OnBoot: alsa-config, alsa and pulseaudio. And the audio doesn't come out of the computer, even I managed to change the sound levels with the alsamixer and it continued without the audio and it doesn't come out of the computer via a browser.

By any chance, if I tell you the make and model of the chip or the name of the drive that Windows used on the computer / notebook, does it make it easier?

"A command in /opt/bootlocal.sh to restore your audio settings", that was what was missing, when I managed to make the audio work with the guidance of colleague Xor, the audio controller of flit.tcz (used in the notebook ) started to work integrated with pavucontrol and audio worked in Firefox 74.01. After turning off the computer / notebook, the sound does not come out of the computer through Firefox, I can see the sound levels varying with the pavucontrol. Vlc3, unfortunately, no longer works after so many tests.

Could you please teach me the command to restore audio settings?

When one program causes conflict in the other, the way is to change one of the programs, as Firefox is the most updated browser that is available for Tiny Core Plus 31 bits, it is best to use another audio and video player.

Juanito, what would be the video and audio player to replace vlc3.tcz that does not disturb the sound of Firefox? the goal is to be able to use one or the other and have the sound always working.

I thank you for always helping me.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translation into English by Google Translate.

--------------------

Rico, Xor, Juanito.

Agradeço por vocês responderem.

Rico, obrigado por esclarecer as diferenças entre OnBoot, OnDemand, Download + Load e Download. E como usar as extensões no locais apropriados. Eu pesquisei bastante, encontrei poucas explicações sobre as diferenças e não encontrei explicações de como usar cada opção. Para quem domina o Tiny Core ou outra distribuições de Linux, pode ser tudo muito óbvio, mas para vem do sistema operacional Windows, nem tudo é tão óbvio ou fácil de compreender.

Deixa eu ver se entendi, vou descrever a forma que compreendi fazendo perguntas:

Agradeço se puder corrigir ou complementar os textos, no que for necessário para ficarem corretos.

OnBoot - as extensões iniciam junto com o boot do sistema operacional Tiny Core, semelhante ao que ocorre com outras distribuições do Linux e do Windows?

OnDemand - as extensões são baixadas  no diretório /mnt/sda1/tce/ondemand e são instaladas mas não iniciam junto com o boot do sistema operacional Tiny Core,  a extensão é iniciada apenas quando o usuário executa ou a carrega com o Apps: Regular Application (tcz), clicar em Apps, Load App Locally, selecionar a extensão desejada e clicar em Load (modo gráfico) ou no terminla (modo texto)?

Download + Load e Download, não ficou fácil de entender as suas diferenças e a melhor forma de serem utilizadas.

Download - se eu consegui compreender alguma coisa, nesta opção as extensões são baixadas e ficam no diretório /mnt/sda1/tce/optional, não são instaladas e não iniciam junto com o boot do sistema operacional Tiny Core. A extensão é iniciada apenas quando o usuário executa ou a carrega com o Apps: Regular Application (tcz), clicar em Apps, Load App Locally, selecionar a extensão desejada e clicar em Load? E depois  o que vai acontecer quando o computador for reiniciado?

Download + Load - e esta opção, baixa a extensão e carrega.  E depois o que vai acontecer quando o computador for reiniciado?

Quando desligar o computador os arquivos das extensões nas opções baixadas no modo Download ou Download + Load e as suas dependências são perdidas ou apagadas ou permanecem na pasta optional?

Eu fiz conforme você escreveu, peço desculpas, o texto ficou fora de ordem. Eu movi de OnDemand para o OnBoot: alsa-config, alsa e pulseaudio. E o áudio não sai do computador, inclusive eu consegui alterar os níveis de som com o alsamixer e continuou sem o áudio e não sai do computador via navegador.

Por acaso, se eu informar para vocês a marca e modelo do chip ou o nome do drive que o Windows utilizava no computador / notebook, facilita em alguma coisa?

"Um comando no /opt/bootlocal.sh para restaurar suas configurações de áudio", foi isso que ficou faltando, quando eu consegui fazer funcionar o áudio com as orientações do colega Xor, o controlador de áudio do flit.tcz (utilizado no notebook) passou a funcionar integrado ao pavucontrol e áudio funcionava no Firefox 74.01. Após desligar o computador / notebook, o som não saia do computador através do Firefox, eu consigo ver os níveis de som variando com o pavucontrol. O vlc3, infelizmente, não funciona mais após tantos testes.

Poderiam, por favor, me ensinarem o comando para restaurar as configurações de áudio?

Quando um programa causa conflito no outro, o jeito é trocar um dos programas, como o Firefox é o navegador mais atualizado que está disponível para o Tiny Core Plus 31 bits, o melhor é usar outro tocador de áudio e vídeo.

Juanito, qual seria o player de vídeo e áudio para substituir o vlc3.tcz que não atrapalhe o som do Firefox? o objetivo é poder usar um ou outro e ter o som sempre funcionando.

Agradeço por sempre me ajudarem.

marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, tradução para inglês por Google Tradutor.

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 03:18:40 PM »

Please disregard the text posted at 02:27:29 PM, correct and complete text is posted at 03:12:28 PM. Thankful.

------------------

Por favor desconsiderem o texto postado às 02:27:29 PM, texto correto e completo está postado às 03:12:28 PM. Grato.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 05:35:09 PM »
Hi marcelocripe
Please disregard the text posted at 02:27:29 PM, correct and complete text is posted at 03:12:28 PM. Thankful.
Extra post removed.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 08:06:44 PM »
Hi marcelocripe
Most Linux distros have a persistent file system (/bin, /dev, /etc, /home, /lib, ..... ). When packages get installed, their files get copied
to  /usr (/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib, ..... ).

Tinycore is different. The file system gets created from scratch every time you boot. This diagram may help:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/architecture.html

When shutting down the computer, do the extension files in the options downloaded in Download or Download + Load mode and their dependencies are lost or deleted or remain in the optional folder?
No, extensions are always saved in your  tce/optional  directory.

Extensions listed in your  onboot.lst  file get installed from your  tce/optional  directory every time you boot.
OnBoot  =  Extension gets saved in  tce/optional,  added to your  onboot.lst  file, and then installed.
Download + Load  =  Extension gets saved in  tce/optional  and then installed.
Download Only  =  Extension gets saved in  tce/optional.
Apps->Load App Locally  =  Extension that is already in  tce/optional  gets installed.

Installing (also known as loading) Involves loop mounting the  .tcz  which is in your  tce/optional  directory to a mount point in the
/tmp/tcloop  directory. The loop mount consumes a few hundred bytes of RAM. The files in  /tmp/tcloop/ExtensionName  get linked
into  /usr.  Each link consumes between 40 and 60 bytes of RAM.  The programs in the extensions do not consume any RAM until
you run them. When the program exits, the RAM is available for other uses.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 10:41:58 PM »
Juanito, what would be the video and audio player to replace vlc3.tcz that does not disturb the sound of Firefox? the goal is to be able to use one or the other and have the sound always working.

If you want to be sure if an application works or not in tinycore, you can boot without loading any extensions and without restoring a back up - this is done with the boot codes "base" "norestore" - and you will boot to a console prompt.

At the console prompt:
Code: [Select]
$ tce-load -i graphics-KERNEL alsa-config Xorg-7.7-3d flwm aterm wbar
$ startx

Then in the gui, open an aterm window and:
$ tce-load -i pavucontrol adwaita-icon-theme
[click on the pavucontrol icon and check it opens]
$ tce-load -i firefox
[click on the firefox icon and check that it plays a video]
$ tce-load -i vlc3
[click on the vlc icon and check that it plays a video]

I just tried this and everything worked as expected.

Offline xor

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 11:48:53 PM »
If you do not configure it from the kernel distribution, you may be experiencing conflict problems.

Core
(11 MB)   Core is the base system which provides only a command line interface and is therefore recommended for experienced users only. Command line tools are provided so that extensions can be added to create a system with a graphical desktop environment. Ideal for servers, appliances, and custom desktops.

[does not include wifi configuration]
tc@box:~$ tce-load -wi alsa pavucontrol htop windowshot vlc3 ezremaster xfe firefox_getLatest aterm wbar

tc@box:~$ startx

[when it comes to desktop]  tc@box:~$ startx

Find and run "firefox_getLatest" with xfe.

! Try to use ezremaster for iso configuration

Rico, Xor, Juanito.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:54:35 PM by xor »

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 03:14:33 PM »
Rich,

Muito obrigado por suas explicações, graças a sua ajuda eu consegui compreender melhor a forma de como funciona o Tiny Core Linux.

Juanito e Xor, eu testei todos os comandos que vocês me ensinaram, mas infelizmente foram sem sucesso, o vlc3.tcz é carregado no menu, após clicar sobre o ícone do vlc3, o programa abre e em seguida fecha muito rápido. De qualquer forma agradeço por vocês compartilharem o seus conhecimentos.

Após eu fazer vários testes, eu acredito que será melhor usar outro player, já que não consegui fazer o áudio funcionar no Firefox 74.0 (firefox.tcz) e funcionar no vlc3.tcz, peço de ajuda para fazer funcionar com outro player que execute arquivos de vídeo e áudio.

Grato.

marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, tradução para inglês por Google Tradutor.

-----------------------

Rich,

Muito obrigado por suas explicações, graças a sua ajuda eu consegui compreender melhor a forma de como funciona o Tiny Core Linux.

Juanito e Xor, eu testei todos os comandos que vocês me ensinaram, mas infelizmente foram sem sucesso, o vlc3.tcz é carregado no menu, após clicar sobre o ícone do vlc3, o programa abre e em seguida fecha muito rápido. De qualquer forma agradeço por vocês compartilharem o seus conhecimentos.

Após eu fazer vários testes, eu acredito que será melhor usar outro player, já que não consegui fazer o áudio funcionar no Firefox 74.0 (firefox.tcz) e funcionar no vlc3.tcz, peço de ajuda para fazer funcionar com outro player que execute arquivos de vídeo e áudio.

Grato.

marcelocripe

Offline xor

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »
I received your shipment a little late.

At least 1 GB of RAM is required for modern applications.
From multi media applications under 1gb ram
do not raise your expectation too much.

my personal system contains a 4GB RAM configuration on AMD;

TCL 11.1 Core-11.1.iso  http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/release/Core-11.1.iso
tc@box:~$ tce-load -wi Xorg-7.7-3d firmware-radeon xf86-video-ati windowmaker alsa-config alsa pavucontrol htop windowshot vlc3 ezremaster xfe firefox_getLatest aterm wbar

Even if the video card drivers are wrong, if you adjust the sound settings according to the visuals, the analog sound should come!

but this only works on my (on my system) TCL 11.1 without any command. !

Rich,

Grato.

marcelocripe

-----------------------

Rich,

Grato.

marcelocripe

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:41:36 AM by xor »

aus9

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 04:33:47 PM »
Hey guys

those images will be a lot easier to understand if you load an icon theme that has the icons

$ tce-load -i adwaita-icon-theme
image shows correct icon for one tab of pavucontrol
https://imgur.com/ceL6Onl

@Juanito
on 64 bit, pavucontrol has no dep of that icon theme. Maybe?

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2020, 02:34:08 PM »
I would like to express my sincere thanks to colleagues Xor, Rich and Juanito for all the help with computer audio that did not work with Tiny Core Plus version 11.0 32-bit.

I installed in OnBoot mode: alsaconfig.tcz, alsa.tcz and pavucontrol.tcz. For the audio to work, you must always click on the button that enables the sound (or mute button), vary the volume control bar by increasing or decreasing the volume of pavucontrol.tcz for the audio to work. Unfortunately I was unable to understand how to configure the scripted boot on Tiny Core Plus 32 bits to start with the volume working.

The audio worked on the Firefox 74.0 internet browser on Youtube and at the same time with mplayer-cli.tcz, yes, I played YouTube and mplayer-cli at the same time, now all I need to do is find a music player (mp3, aac, flac, ogg, wma, etc.).

Thank you so much for always helping me.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by Google Translate.

---------------------

Eu gostaria de registrar os meus sinceros agradecimentos aos colegas Xor, Rich e ao Juanito por toda ajuda no áudio do computador que não funcionava com no Tiny Core Plus versão 11.0 32-bit.

Instalei no modo OnBoot: alsaconfig.tcz, alsa.tcz e pavucontrol.tcz. Para o áudio funcionar é preciso sempre clicar sobre o botão que habilita o som (ou botão mudo), variar a barra de controle de volume aumentando ou diminuindo o volume do pavucontrol.tcz para o áudio funcionar. Infelizmente eu não consegui compreender como configurar o boot com script no Tiny Core Plus 32 bits para iniciar com o volume funcionando.   

O áudio funcionou no navegador de internet Firefox 74.0 no Youtube e ao mesmo tempo com o mplayer-cli.tcz, sim, executei ao mesmo tempo o Youtube e o mplayer-cli, agora só falta encontrar um tocador de música (mp3, aac, flac, ogg, wma e etc).

Muito obrigado por sempre me ajudarem.

marcelocripe

Offline xor

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2020, 09:00:43 PM »
11.0 (there are problems with sound)

TCL 11.1 Core-11.1.iso  http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/release/Core-11.1.iso

are you installing
or do you have a run project on iso!

before i created ezremaster iso
Add to opened directories in temp
then I give iso command and then iso.

I create iso with "ezre master".

I would like to express my sincere thanks to colleagues Xor, Rich and Juanito for all the help with computer audio that did not work with Tiny Core Plus version 11.0 32-bit.

I installed in OnBoot mode: alsaconfig.tcz, alsa.tcz and pavucontrol.tcz. For the audio to work, you must always click on the button that enables the sound (or mute button), vary the volume control bar by increasing or decreasing the volume of pavucontrol.tcz for the audio to work. Unfortunately I was unable to understand how to configure the scripted boot on Tiny Core Plus 32 bits to start with the volume working.

The audio worked on the Firefox 74.0 internet browser on Youtube and at the same time with mplayer-cli.tcz, yes, I played YouTube and mplayer-cli at the same time, now all I need to do is find a music player (mp3, aac, flac, ogg, wma, etc.).

Thank you so much for always helping me.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by Google Translate.

---------------------

Eu gostaria de registrar os meus sinceros agradecimentos aos colegas Xor, Rich e ao Juanito por toda ajuda no áudio do computador que não funcionava com no Tiny Core Plus versão 11.0 32-bit.

Instalei no modo OnBoot: alsaconfig.tcz, alsa.tcz e pavucontrol.tcz. Para o áudio funcionar é preciso sempre clicar sobre o botão que habilita o som (ou botão mudo), variar a barra de controle de volume aumentando ou diminuindo o volume do pavucontrol.tcz para o áudio funcionar. Infelizmente eu não consegui compreender como configurar o boot com script no Tiny Core Plus 32 bits para iniciar com o volume funcionando.   

O áudio funcionou no navegador de internet Firefox 74.0 no Youtube e ao mesmo tempo com o mplayer-cli.tcz, sim, executei ao mesmo tempo o Youtube e o mplayer-cli, agora só falta encontrar um tocador de música (mp3, aac, flac, ogg, wma e etc).

Muito obrigado por sempre me ajudarem.

marcelocripe

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2020, 10:39:33 PM »
I installed in OnBoot mode: alsaconfig.tcz, alsa.tcz and pavucontrol.tcz.
Not a big deal, but you only need to list alsa-config and pavucontrol "onboot", pavucontrol will load alsa.

now all I need to do is find a music player (mp3, aac, flac, ogg, wma, etc.).
For a simple music player, you could try xmms-pulse (use <ctrl-p> to bring up the config menu and choose pulseaudio as the output) or, for something more complicated, rhythmbox.

Offline marcelocripe

Not a big deal, but you only need to list alsa-config and pavucontrol "onboot", pavucontrol will load alsa.

For a simple music player, you could try xmms-pulse (use <ctrl-p> to bring up the config menu and choose pulseaudio as the output) or, for something more complicated, rhythmbox.

Juanito,

Any and all help or information is always very welcome.

This will help me to set up Tiny Core startup with just the basics and what is really needed.

Thankful.

Original text in Portuguese, translated into English by Google translator.

--------------

Juanito,

Toda e qualquer ajuda ou informação é sempre muito bem vinda.

Isso vai me ajuda a configurar inicialização do Tiny Core apenas com o que for básico e que realmente seja necessário.

Grato.

Texto original em português, traduzido para o inglês por Google tradutor.

Offline marcelocripe

Juanito,

I downloaded and installed xmms.tcz, in the configuration menu I selected "ALSA 1.2.11 output plugin [libALSA.so]" as the output and it worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Original text in Portuguese, translated into English by Google translator.
-----------------------

Juanito,

Baixei e instalei xmms.tcz, no menu de configuração selecionei "ALSA 1.2.11 output plugin [libALSA.so]" como saída e funcionou perfeitamente.

Muito obrigado.

Texto original em português, traduzido para o inglês por Google tradutor.