WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Computer audio does not work with 32-bit Tiny Core Plus version 11.0.  (Read 12390 times)

Offline marcelocripe

Purpose: Computer audio does not work with 32-bit Tiny Core Plus version 11.0.

Hello dear colleagues,

I have a problem that I detected when installing Tiny Core Plus version 11.0 32-bit.

I installed "Tiny Core Plus" on an HD on the computer but the audio is not outputting.

How to configure the audio?
Do you have to download a drive?
If it is the necessary audio drive, how do I download and install it?

I need help so that computers / notebook / netbook have audio working with Tiny Core 32 bit and 64 bit.

These same questions were asked in another forum, as I do not know if I can include a link from other sites and forums in this forum, I will not post here, if you authorize me I will inform you of the link of the other forum. As they did not know how to solve the problem, they encouraged their colleague, who also writes in Portuguese, to abandon Tiny Core.

I tested many Linux on computers with little RAM (less than 1GB DDR1 or DIMM) and with old processors (Celeron, Pentium III and Pentium IV), none of the other Linux appeals to me like Tiny Core Plus. All the other linux I tested made computers (with the hardware described earlier) impossible to browse the internet, use the office, copy data from the computer to DVD, or edit audio. If Tiny Core manages to be good on computers with simple or old hardware, computers with 4GB of RAM and an AMD II or Dual Core processor are excellent, thanks to the work of the geniuses of the Tiny Core team.

Thank you for always answering my questions.

thankful
marcelocripe

Original text in Portuguese, translated into English by Google Translate

----------------------------

Objetivo: Áudio do computador não funciona com o Tiny Core Plus versão 11.0 de 32 bits.

Olá caro colegas,

Trago um problema que detectei na instalação do Tiny Core Plus versão 11.0 de 32 bits.

Eu instalei o "Tiny Core Plus" em um HD no computador mais não esta saindo o áudio.

Como configurar o áudio?
Tem que baixar algum drive?
Se for o necessário drive de áudio, como eu baixo e instalo?

Preciso de ajuda para que os computadores/notebook/netbook tenham o áudio funcionando com o Tiny Core 32 bit e 64 bits.

Estas mesmas perguntas foram feitas em outro fórum, como não sei se posso incluir link de outros sites e fóruns neste fórum, não postarei aqui, se me autorizarem eu informo o link do outro fórum. Como não souberam resolver o problema, estimularam o colega, que também escreve em português, a abandonar o Tiny Core.

Eu testei muitos Linux em computadores com pouca memória RAM (menos que 1GB DDR1 ou DIMM) e com processadores antigos (Celeron, Pentium III e Pentium IV), nenhum dos outros Linux me atraiu como o Tiny Core Plus. Todos os outros linux que testei deixavam os computadores (com o hardware descrito anteriormente) impossíveis de navegar na internet, usar o office, copiar dados do computador para o DVD, ou editar áudio. Se o Tiny Core consegue ser bom em computadores com hardware  simples ou antigo, em computadores com 4GB de memória RAM  e processador AMD II ou Dual Core fica excelente, graças ao trabalho dos gênios da equipe Tiny Core.

Agradeço por sempre responderem as minhas dúvidas.

Grato
marcelocripe

Texto original em português, traduzido para inglês por Google Tradutor

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Computer audio does not work with 32-bit Tiny Core Plus version 11.0.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:42:36 PM »
To configure and test audio:
Code: [Select]
$ tce-load -i alsa-config
$ tce-load -i alsa
$ alsamixer [check that your audio is not muted]
$ speaker-test -c2 -t wav -l1 [you may need speaker-test -Ddefault:1 -c2 -t wav -l1]

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 07:33:53 AM »
Juanito,

Once again thank you for responding.

To run the commands in the terminal, before I needed to install with Apps: Regular Applications (tcz): alsa-config.tcz and alsa.tcz.

With the commands you taught me it was possible to open the computer's audio control panel.

Thankful.
marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by Google Translate.

---------------------

Juanito,

Mais uma vez agradeço por responder.

Para funcionar os comandos no terminal, antes eu precisei instalar com o Apps: Regular Applications (tcz): alsa-config.tcz e alsa.tcz.

Com os comandos que você me ensinou foi possível abrir o painel de controle do áudio do computador.

Grato.
marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, traduduzido para o inglês por Google Tradutor.

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 08:08:43 AM »
Juanito,

I had forgotten to test the audio with the internet browser (Firefox 47.0.1), it didn't work, even though I increased the levels with alsamixer.

What do I need to do for the audio to work with VLC3 and also in the browser?

Thankful.
marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by Google Translate.

----------------------

Juanito,

Eu havia me esquecido de testar o áudio com o navegador de internet (Firefox 47.0.1), não funcionou, mesmo eu aumentando os níveis com o alsamixer.

O que é preciso fazer para o áudio funcionar com o VLC3 e também no navegador?

Grato.
marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, traduzido para o inglês por Google Tradutor.

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 08:11:41 AM »
The correct one is Firefox 74.0.1

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 08:15:49 AM »
Hi marcelocripe
Firefox also requires  pulseaudio:
http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/pulseaudio.tcz.info

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 08:18:45 AM »
I seem to remember firefox needs pulseaudio sound

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »
Rico and Juanito,

I installed pulseaudio.tcz with Apps: Regular Applications, as always in On Demand mode.

I started the extensions, which were installed in On Demand mode, in the sequence: alsa, alsa-config, pulseaudio, lastly Firefox 74.01.

Unfortunately Firefox 74.01 remains muted, I tested it on Youtube and another online radio site.

Thankful.
marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translation into English by Google Translate.

---------------

Rico e Juanito,

Mais uma vez agradeço por responderem.

Instalei o pulseaudio.tcz com o Apps: Regular Applications, como de costume sempre no modo On Demand.

Iniciei as extensões, que foram instaladas no modo On Demand, na sequência: alsa, alsa-config, pulseaudio, por ultimo o  Firefox 74.01.

Infelizmente o Firefox 74.01 permanece sem áudio, testei no Youtube e em outro site de rádios online.

Grato.
marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, tradução para o inglês por Google Tradutor.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 07:28:42 PM »
Hi marcelocripe
... I installed pulseaudio.tcz with Apps: Regular Applications, as always in On Demand mode. ...
My first piece of advice is stop installing everything  On Demand.

In the  Apps  utility:
1. Click  Maintenance->OnDemand Maintenance
2. Remove  alsa, alsa-config, and pulseaudio  from the  Current OnDemand Items  list.
3. Click  Maintenance->OnBoot Maintenance
4. Add to the  On Boot Items  list  alsa-config, alsa, and pulseaudio  in that order.

Reboot. Then make sure ALSA is still working. Then you need to read the  .info  file for  pulseaudio  for setup instructions:
http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/pulseaudio.tcz.info

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 07:46:19 PM »
Rich,

"My first advice is to stop installing everything on demand."

I still don't master Tiny Core well enough, so that I know what is needed or what should be started or not with the operating system. This information I do not find in the forum, I need help, as to what should be installed OnBoot and what can be installed OnDemand.

I made the changes you guided me from OnBoot to OnDemand mode of the audio extensions in order: alsa-config, alsa and pulseaudio.

Unfortunately Firefox 74.01 remains muted, I tested it on Youtube and another online radio site.

After installing pulseaudio.tcz, vlc3.tzc is no longer able to play ".mp4" video, when I run it or load it, the program opens quickly and then closes.

At the terminal:
tc @ box: ~ $ tce-load -i vlc3
vlc3 is already instaled!
tc @ box: ~ $ vlc3
tc @ box: ~ $ VLC media player 3.0.8 Vetinari (revision 3.0.8-0gf350b6b5a7)
[094d6290] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default infarce. Use "cvlc" to us and clc without interface.
qt.qpa.xcb: falied to initialize XRandr
qt.qpa.xcb: XKeyboard extension not present on the X server
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/ tmp / runtime-tc'

Alsa is working.

I tried to do the commands on the link: http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/pulseaudio.tcz.info, but unfortunately they were unsuccessful.

I will try to send the print screens of the screen with the commands and the results.

Thankful.
marcelocripe

Original text in portuguese from Brazil, translated into English by Google Translate.

----------------------

Rico,

Mais uma vez agradeço por responder.

"Meu primeiro conselho é parar de instalar tudo On Demand."

Eu ainda não domino o Tiny Core suficientemente bem, para eu saber o que é preciso ou o que deve  ser iniciado ou não com o sistema operacional. Estas informações eu não encontro no fórum, preciso de ajuda, quanto o que deve ser instalado OnBoot e o que pode ser instalado OnDemand.

Eu fiz as alterações que você me orientou do modo OnBoot para OnDemand das extensões de áudio na ordem: alsa-config, alsa e pulseaudio.

Infelizmente o Firefox 74.01 permanece sem áudio, testei no Youtube e em outro site de rádios online.

Após a instalação do pulseaudio.tcz, o vlc3.tzc não consegue mais tocar vídeo ".mp4", quando eu o executo ou o carrego, o programa abre rapidamente e em seguida fecha.

No terminal:
tc@box:~$ tce-load -i vlc3
tc@box:~$vlc3
tc@box:~$ VLC media player 3.0.8 Vetinari (revision 3.0.8-0gf350b6b5a7)
[094d6290] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default infarce. Use "cvlc" to us e clc without interface.
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-tc'

O alsa está funcionando.

Eu tentei fazer os comandos do link: http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/pulseaudio.tcz.info, mas infelizmente foram sem sucesso.

Vou tentar enviar os print screen da tela com os comandos e o resultados.

Grato.
marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, tradução para inglês por Google Tradutor.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 08:54:01 PM »
Hi marcelocripe
I never use  OnDemand.  Programs I want installed are  OnBoot.  Programs I don't want installed when I boot I choose the
Download + Load  or  Download Only  options in the  Apps  utility. When I need one of those programs:
1. Click  Apps->Load App Locally
2. Click on the program name.
3. Click on the  Load  button.

Applications that a user interacts with (web browser, spreadsheet, editor, etc.) can be placed  OnDemand.  Personally I don't
see any advantage, and at times it causes problems.

Audio and video drivers, libraries, kernel modules, etc. should not be placed  OnDemand.

It's not uncommon to have a command in  /opt/bootlocal.sh  to restore your audio settings. That won't work if alsa is  OnDemand.

... I made the changes you guided me from OnBoot to OnDemand mode of the audio extensions in order: alsa-config, alsa and pulseaudio. ...
I'm guessing something got lost in translation. I said to move them from  OnDemand  to  OnBoot.

These are the steps I used when setting ALSA up on my machine. They include steps which backup and restore audio settings:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,22145.msg138620.html#msg138620

At the terminal:
tc @ box: ~ $ tce-load -i vlc3
tc @ box: ~ $ vlc3
tc @ box: ~ $ VLC media player 3.0.8 Vetinari (revision 3.0.8-0gf350b6b5a7)
[094d6290] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default infarce. Use "cvlc" to us and clc without interface.

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/ tmp / runtime-tc'

I think that's coming from the  qt-5  dependency of  vlc3,  though I don't know why.

Offline xor

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 10:30:17 PM »
try this

for TCL 11.1
tc@box:~$ tce-load -wi alsa pavucontrol
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 10:36:21 PM by xor »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 10:47:46 PM »
I just tested this on tc-11.1 32-bit.

To get audio on my machine, I need to load graphics-KERNEL and alsa-config before anything else because the default sound is hdmi. This means that I cannot use Xvesa with applications needing sound.

After starting the gui using Xorg-7.7-3d and without starting the dbus daemon, I can then enable pulseaudio sound by loading and running pavucontrol.

After loading vlc3, it played an mp4 video without problems.

After loading firefox (version 73.0 obtained with the getFirefox extension), it played a youtube video without problems.

It appears that most qt-5 applications need at least Xorg-7.7 to work and perhaps even Xorg-7.7-3d.

Offline xor

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 11:19:26 PM »
try this

for TCL 11.1
tc@box:~$ tce-load -wi alsa pavucontrol

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 06:09:32 AM »
Hi Juanito
... It appears that most qt-5 applications need at least Xorg-7.7 to work and perhaps even Xorg-7.7-3d.

vlc3 pulls in  Xorg-7.7-3d  through its  libavdevice4  dependency:
libavdevice4.tcz
   libavfilter4.tcz
      libswresample4.tcz
         libavutil4.tcz
            libva2.tcz
               Xorg-7.7-3d.tcz
                  Xorg-7.7.tcz
                     Xprogs.tcz
                        Xlibs.tcz
                           imlib2.tcz