WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] piCore image specifically for Pi zeros  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Joe_H

[Solved] piCore image specifically for Pi zeros
« on: March 19, 2020, 11:15:21 AM »
Folks,

It took me a while to figure out how to get the various drivers installed and working in order to get a RPi0(W) up and online. As I don't have a mini-HDMI adaptor I couldn't connect a screen to it and wanted to get one setup without the need for that. I eventually got the drivers working and I created an image of piCore-9.0.3 specifically for the RPi0(W) so that it could be got up and running immediately after burning the image if you connect a USB to Lan adaptor to it. I removed the v7 piCore stuff from the boot partition to make it smaller. Using the USB-Lan adaptor initially the wireless can then be run and network selected and made persistent for future boots. There is no requirement to connect a screen to it at all with this image if the USB-Lan adaptor is used. If you don't have one then a screen and keyboard needs to be connected in order to select the wireless network and it can then be SSHed into after that. I see the max attachment size is 192kB and the zip file is 30MB - so let me know how it can be posted here or a link to it posted. Regards, Joe

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: [Solved] piCore image specifically for Pi zeros
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 11:29:12 AM »
Hi Joe_H
You are not allowed to post binary attachments, or direct links to external binaries.
You may post a link that takes you  to an external site, where someone can then choose to download something.
If someone sends you a PM (Personal Message) requesting a download link, you can PM them that link.

Offline Joe_H

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 11:32:41 AM »
Rich - is there a preferred repository for the images? Joe

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 12:47:13 PM »
Hi Joe_H
Rich - is there a preferred repository for the images? Joe
To the best of my knowledge, there's only been 1 external image ever submitted, and that was a real time kernel for TC4 about
8 years ago.

I don't know what the policy on external images is, so I'm going to let one of the administrators address that question.