WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: how to compile chromium-browser from source in CorePlus ?  (Read 1879 times)

Offline mr-kumar

how to compile chromium-browser from source in CorePlus ?
« on: March 07, 2020, 08:31:10 AM »
Hello,

I am using CorePlus, and installed chromium-browser  (chromium-browser.tcz) from the apps application. Since the package maintainer has not cared to update this package since 2012/11/09, which is hitting nearly a decade, I want to compile the chromium browser from source for tiny core linux and make chromium-browser workable in this box. Once working I might think to for making an extension following this guide

http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions

However, before I start I need clear out few questions.  I will be following the following instruction to compile the chromium-browser :

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/linux/build_instructions.md

So once its built, how I could place the application so that it doesn't loads onboot and loads only in ondemand ?

P.S. the captcha verification system of this forum is ridiculous. Use recaptcha provided by google.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: how to compile chromium-browser from source in CorePlus ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 09:31:35 AM »
Here are the details for compiling chromium-browser on CorePure64:

http://tinycorelinux.net/9.x/x86_64/tcz/src/chromium-browser

You can use the apps gui to set any extension to load onboot or ondemand.

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: how to compile chromium-browser from source in CorePlus ?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 09:53:10 AM »
mr-kumar
... So once its built, how I could place the application so that it doesn't loads onboot and loads only in ondemand ? ...
After you copy your extensions to your  tce  directory:
Click on the the icon that looks like a screw head with a downward pointing blue arrow to start the  Apps  utility. Once it comes
up, click on the button labeled Apps->Maintenance->OnDemand Maintenance. Click on the item in the left panel you wish to add
to  ondemand, then click the  Add Item  button.

Your Google link mentions running install-build-deps.sh which does not exist in Tinycore. They list this for Arch Linux:
Code: [Select]
$ sudo pacman -S --needed python perl gcc gcc-libs bison flex gperf pkgconfig \
nss alsa-lib glib2 gtk3 nspr ttf-ms-fonts freetype2 cairo dbus libgnome-keyring

This should get you most of the way there (gtk3-dev pulls in a large number of the dependencies):
Code: [Select]
tce-load -w compiletc gperf nss-dev alsa-dev gtk3-dev nspr-dev libgnome-keyring-dev
tce-load -i compiletc gperf nss-dev alsa-dev gtk3-dev nspr-dev libgnome-keyring-dev
The first command downloads the extensions if they are not already in your  tce  directory.
The second command loads the extensions but does not add them to  onboot.

The only thing I see missing is  ttf-ms-fonts.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:55:02 AM by Rich »