WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tce/opt/home/etc on remote shares  (Read 1695 times)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
tce/opt/home/etc on remote shares
« on: January 26, 2020, 09:05:39 AM »
Good day, all!

I've been ripping apart tc-config and tce-setup trying to trace out the paths/functions used for different mount options regarding persistence and pieces look to be missing (or I'm simply not seeing them!)
For example, tce=aoe I'm not seeing supported in either file (nor have I yet tested mounting a remote disk via AoE and then point tce/opt/etc. to it.  Please point me in the right direction if you would - IF it's supported and I just didn't see where.)
I'm creating another boot code / mount option which is going to be treated in the same fashion as tce=nfs opt=nfs but I want to make sure there aren't other areas or files I have to dig into first (thus my finding the missing AoE support for tce=aoe opt=aoe, etc.)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: tce/opt/home/etc on remote shares
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 09:19:04 AM »
Hi centralware
As I recall, gerald_clark worked on implementing Aoe. You might find some more details if you go to:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?action=search
Then set the  Search for:  field to  aoe  and set the  By user:  field to  gerald_clark.

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 10:54:00 AM »
Hello, Rich!

Yes, Gerald was the one who introduced AoE onto TC, but the question here is more focused on tc-config/tce-setup as to where and how things like AoE, NFS, NBD, etc. are located in regards to setting up tcedir and persistent directories.

NFS, for example, is mounted via /etc/init.d/tc-config and when tce-setup is launched, the mount (and command-line) are detected and the NFS mount then takes over as the TARGET of where tce, opt, home and/or local are to be set up from.  (AoE I just mention as I don't see any mention of it being usable AS tce/opt/etc. in source.)  If none of the above are found or requested, it falls back to /tmp/tce in tce-setup thus making the entire session temporary.

My question is/was...  are there any other files relating to setting up tce/opt/home/local/etc. that get launched at boot time (one of which might even have the missing AoE persistence support?)

Thanks!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 11:35:23 AM »
...to be more specific, are there any other files that are boot related, pertaining to etc/sysconfig/tcedir, opt and home directory persistence which are not the following:

etc/init.d/tc-config          Handles mounting items listed in the command-line
etc/init.d/tc-functions      Support file; find_mountpoint and autoscan functions
usr/bin/tce-setup            Used to mount etc/sysconfig/tcedir and prep directory/files

Thanks!