WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to delete applications  (Read 3188 times)

Offline tino

How to delete applications
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:56:09 AM »
I have a persistent installation of applications on my harddisk. applications i like to uninstall is that enough just to delete them in the tce directory or do I have to do some more actions?
thanks for advise

Offline linus72

• Damn it Jim!
Re: How to delete applications
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 07:05:03 AM »
Hello,
yes, that's actually how I do it:)

Just make sure you delete the md5.txt and whatever associated with that app.
Also, don't delete the depends unless no other apps need them.

Some apps will leave folder(s) in home/tc after deleting.
you can delete these too.

there used to be 2 apps called tce-uninstall and tcz-uninstall
they may be integrated into tc now

open a root terminal and enter
"tce-uninstall" to find out

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 07:29:20 AM »
Tce-uninstall has simply been removed, it is not possible to properly support it without being integrated into base functions, which will not happen as that would be a performance penalty as well as hinder development.

Tcz-uninstall has been retired and archived (search forum for thread).  I personally use it daily in extension testing and it is pretty safe with it's final changes made to it before it went on the shelf.  It is available as a script but not part of the official repo nor is it supported.   Still, removing the extension from the tce directory and rebooting is always the best way to uninstall.

For a PPI install, my advice would be to save the tce's it was made with, clear the tclocal file/directory, and reload the installation every so often to avoid system rot.  That would be the way I would uninstall from a PPI, just clear it and reload it with the packages you want.

In other words, uninstalling on the live sysetm is not a TC concept.  The supported method involves rebooting to a clean state.

Offline tino

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:49:32 AM »
thanks a lot to the fast answers, i just found the treat to the objective and its clear now for me. Congrate to that fantastic tc, I am running tc_2.2rc1.