WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: news on Robert Shingledecker?  (Read 5019 times)

Offline GNUser

news on Robert Shingledecker?
« on: October 30, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »
Does anyone know what Robert Shingledecker is up to these days? Is he still with us or has he passed away? If still with us, is he still involved with TCL?

If there are news of him somewhere on forum or TCL website, I couldn't find it.

Who are the main TCL developers today?

Offline GNUser

Re: news on Robert Shingledecker?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 05:12:10 PM »
Nobody knows anything?

I'm sorry if the answer to my question is common knowledge, but I'm still fairly new to TCL.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 06:14:28 PM »
Robert is still with us though not actively involved with the day to day tinycore.

Offline GNUser

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 06:23:26 PM »
Thank you, juanito. Good to know.

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 08:24:15 AM »
Hello there all,

regards   due  and  whatever endeavours followed .

Thx

Vin

Offline GNUser

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »
juanito, please give Robert our regards.

Also, please tell him that TCL is still making huge Shingledecker fans out of users. I have mountains of respect for him--over the years I've used many well-designed operating systems (including Arch Linux and OpenBSD), but Tiny Core Linux surpasses them all.

Even though I use TCL daily (it powers both my personal laptop and wireless router), its beautiful design never ceases to astonish me.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 10:40:18 PM »
Great Thanks , Robert Shingledecker!
You've made the job, which all the world appeared to be too busy to do.

Offline neonix

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 07:03:27 AM »
Good to hear that founding father is still with us. Last time he was active in July 20, 2017.

I read a few interviews with Robert but still don't know what is the legend behind the TCL?
TCL is more similar to Not Damn Small Linux. Maybe someone create wiki article about Robert and whole history (with links to other articles and interviews).

TCL embodies what is best in Linux. Fast, small, flexible, free and support for old hardware.
And because its simple construction, it's almost  indestructible. I would lost a lot of time for re-installation if I was using typical operation system.

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 10:50:45 AM »
Freemium....?

Tcl.

Thx

V

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 07:18:12 AM »
I would like to express my sincere thanks to the creator (Robert Shingledecker) and to all the developers and maintainers of Tiny Core. Especially Tiny Core Plus.

I hope that this distribution will not be abandoned or discontinued, I wish long life, or rather, eternal life for Tiny Core!

Like so many other Linux distributions that have left several users orphaned, and I believe, desperate without their favorite or main Linux Operating System.

If developers can no longer continue to work on Tiny Core Linux, at any time, I ask Juanito to intercede for us, requesting all access to the site, repositories and other platforms so that the community can come together even more to maintain Tiny Core Linux live.

Juanito I hope you are not alone in the project. If so, please let us know.

Could you tell us the contact details and who are the current developers and maintainers of Tiny Core Linux?

Thanks to all.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by the Google translator.

---------------

Eu gostaria de registrar os meus sinceros agradecimentos ao criador (Robert Shingledecker) e a todos os desenvolvedores e mantenedores do Tiny Core. Em especial ao Tiny Core Plus.

Eu espero que esta distribuição não seja abandonada ou descontinuada, desejo vida longa, ou melhor, vida eterna ao Tiny Core!

A exemplo de tantas outras distribuições Linux que deixaram diversos usuários órfãos, e acredito eu, desesperados sem o seu Sistema Operacional Linux preferido ou principal.

Caso os desenvolvedores não possam mais continuar o trabalho no Tiny Core Linux, a qualquer tempo, peço ao Juanito, interceder por nós, solicitando todos os acessos ao site, repositórios e demais plataformas para que a comunidade se una ainda mais para manter o Tiny Core Linux vivo.

Juanito eu espero que você não esteja sozinho no projeto. Se estiver, por favor, nos avise.

Poderia nos informar o contato e quem são os atuais desenvolvedores e mantenedores do Tiny Core Linux?

Agradecimentos a todos.

marcelocripe

Texto original no idioma português do Brasil, traduzido para inglês pelo tradutor do Google.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 10:15:40 PM »
Could you tell us the contact details and who are the current developers and maintainers of Tiny Core Linux?

See: http://tinycorelinux.net/Team_TC.html

Curaga, JasonW and myself are all active - I'm not sure about bmarkus.

I'm still in touch with roberts.

Offline jls

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 09:24:16 PM »
Hello
Jasonw  works only on dCore  correct me if I'm wrong.
dCore user