WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Totem Player not working  (Read 16007 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Totem Player not working
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 04:01:53 AM »
I tested totem with gnome-session in CorePure64 and the "+" button lets me choose a local video file, but will not display it anywhere so I cannot play it.

This being said, any video file saved under ~/Videos will be displayed automatically by totem - this is because they are indexed by the tracker data miner. You can also select another location for tracker to index recursively (for example, /mnt/sdb1/media) and all video files found there will also be displayed automatically.

Unfortunately the above doesn't help you in 32-bit tinycore, so you are stuck with launching totem and the video you wish to play from the cli.

(Interestingly, with the dleyna* extensions loaded, I can watch apple movie trailers, euronews, etc and play videos streamed from my local media streamer -  the totem youtube search does not work though.)

Offline cute curtis

• Welcome In Da Club
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2020, 02:14:58 PM »
alsamixer  is provided by  alsa.tcz:
http://tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/alsa.tcz.list

Rich I think I need alsamixer-gui because mine still muted, back in days when I installed alsamixer-gui my audio output automatically muted

As I think was mentioned previously, totem will only play full screen in the gnome environment (CorePure64 only).

Juanito what I mean is I cannot maximize nor expand the window, still stuck to default

https://ibb.co/cTGSLsg

Unfortunately the above doesn't help you in 32-bit tinycore, so you are stuck with launching totem and the video you wish to play from the cli.

Is it the TC11 the cause of this why I'm able to play videos by just selecting from any location when I was in TC10 as you can see in my previous messages?

(Interestingly, with the dleyna* extensions loaded, I can watch apple movie trailers, euronews, etc and play videos streamed from my local media streamer -  the totem youtube search does not work though.)

can't find this extension

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2020, 12:12:42 AM »
If you load alsa-config before alsa, sound is usually un-muted - you can also use alsamixer to un-mute and then save the settings.

totem was updated from 3.8.2 in tc-10 to 3.26.2 in tc-11, which probably accounts for the difference in behaviour.

The dleyna extensions are in CorePure64.