WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: IceWM in x86_64?  (Read 2347 times)

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
IceWM in x86_64?
« on: October 06, 2019, 12:12:32 AM »
Good day, all!
[/size]
[/size]I installed TCPure64 on a laptop which I thought I'd update the window manager to IceWM, but after digging through the repo back to 5.x it looks as though it was never compiled for x64, SOoo...  I decided to fire up CompileTC (and cmake) and build it from source.  curl.tcz in 9.x/x86_64 was compiled 32 bit so configure/make chokes. I then grabbed the source (1.6.3) for curl and started compiling that...  a couple dependencies struck out there as well, so I stopped here as I figured I'd ask if there was a problem way back when where IceWM was considered unfit for x64 or something before I dug deeper.

Thanks!

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: IceWM in x86_64?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 01:36:27 AM »
Code: [Select]
$ wget repo.tinycorelinux.net/9.x/x86_64/tcz/curl.tcz
$ sudo mount curl.tcz /tmp/image
$ file /tmp/image/usr/local/bin/curl
/tmp/image/usr/local/bin/curl: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 3.16.6, stripped

There's no reason why icewm would not work on CorePure64 - it would perhaps make more sense to compile it on 10.x rather than 9.x.