WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: remaster  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Nnyan

remaster
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
Anyone out there that has experience remastering TCB (or linux in general) and has added in some networking/wifi tools?

Noob here but I wanted to use TCB as a troubleshooting/security distro (booting from a USB stick mostly to use to learn).  I currently run backtrack from USB and while it's a fine distro it's really too heavy.  So I'm looking for something really light with all the right tools (or at least that can be added).   So after some research I've landed at TC and Slitaz Aircrack-ng distro. 

anyone have any experience remastering with the following applications that could give me an idea if these things work with TC:

kismet
aircrack-ng
wireshark
madwifi
mdk3 wifi tool
nmap
wpa-supplicant
wifi drivers
etc...

THanks

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: remaster
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
aircrack-ng, madwifi nmap wpa-supplicant and wifi drivers are all available as extensions for tc and the wiki explains how to re-master - maybe it's a good idea to start there and then search the forum/ask questions if you get stuck

Offline casten

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »
Hi,

Related to the kismet request...

I tried installing Kismet 2009-06 R1 and had a problem where it couldn't find libpanel for ncurses.  It didn't seem like installing ncurses-utils.tce helped.  I did a search in the appbrowser and on the forums without any success.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Casten

Offline linus72

• Damn it Jim!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »
It's probably just a file that needs to be edited or something.

I would like to help you with the tc security distro if you like
I make alot of multidistro security stuff etc using different distro's etc usb whatever

Learning also how to make multiple grub/isolinux/syslinux sub-menu systems
and I even got portable-qemu(usb, hd, etc) with which you can access a PC without rebooting running qemu from usb and symlinking to PC hd/cdrom, etc
good hack tool too

( http://multidistro.com/shots/scrnshots.html )
( http://multidistro.com/ )

Offline Nnyan

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 03:30:39 PM »
Juanito,

Sorry about that you're right I should have hit the wiki first.  I'm basically trying to put together a Slitaz-aircrack-ng but with better support of more cards.  This may be very ambitious for a total noob but worst case I fail and learn something along the way.

Linus72,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm not really strong on compiling the kernel and I'm not even sure what I need to do in order to "patch the kernel for injecting".