WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Unoffical new release piCore-10.1beta1a  (Read 24020 times)

Offline TimJ

Re: Unoffical new release piCore-10.1beta1a
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2019, 06:42:15 AM »
Here are the errors I am seeing

Code: [Select]
tc@box:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce$ vivaldi

No suitable library for HTML5 proprietary media (MP4[H.264/AAC]) was found,
therefore only open codecs will play.

To add support for proprietary media, issue the following command and restart
Vivaldi:

wget -O- https://launchpadlibrarian.net/435404265/chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_76.0.3809.87-0ubuntu0.16.04.1_armhf.deb |\
  tail -c+1079 | tar JxC ~ --wildcards \*libffmpeg.so --xform 's,.*/,.local/lib/vivaldi/,'

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-generic.conf", line 27: Having multiple <family> in <alias> isn't supported and may not work as expected

Multiple identical errors deleted

fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/40-generic.conf", line 65: Having multiple <family> in <alias> isn't supported and may not work as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 82: unknown element "blank"
[20662:20662:0927/143619.383661:ERROR:chrome_content_client.cc(342)] Failed to locate and load the component updated flash plugin.
[20662:20701:0927/143619.544259:ERROR:bus.cc(394)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[20662:20735:0927/143619.905537:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(619)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[20662:20735:0927/143619.907716:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(619)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[20662:20735:0927/143619.908521:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(619)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[20694:20694:0927/143620.090146:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(167)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[20662:20662:0927/143624.336703:ERROR:CONSOLE(0)] "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.", source: chrome-extension://mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli/browser.html (0)
[20662:20662:0927/143624.338010:ERROR:CONSOLE(0)] "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.", source: chrome-extension://mpognobbkildjkofajifpdfhcoklimli/browser.html (0)

Tim

Offline Oliver Sedlacek

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 07:23:07 AM »
Tim, thanks again for your efforts. I followed your instructions for installing Vivaldi and I have to say that I agree it's still currently unusable.

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
Tim,

I guesse when i was asking for Vivaldi to be tried on ARM TCL.......i'd just stupidly assumed
that it was just a DEB package going into a DEB distro via ARM architecture...

but it's actually going into "TCL distro" which is very different isn' t it.........hence all the errors.

perhaps it would work on DCORE distro since that's actually an Debian Arm7 distro?

...but thanks indeed for trying....

Generally then, there does not seem to be a decent modern web browser for the nomadic Web based Distro called TCL on Arm Pi right.........?

Epiphany browser on Raspbian ARM distro can do 720p youtube on a Pi zero.

So too can the OSMC Arm build for Pi Zero (distro).

it is possible to port any of these from Arm Raspbian Distro to TCL?

thx

Vin

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:00:18 AM by vinceASPECT »

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »
I know its not what you want to hear, but its rather unlikely.   Raspbian has all of the official video drivers built, they have a reasonable sized dev team on task. For piCore, it all has to be built from scratch.  The current dev team for piCore is Tim.   Tim and myself have done some information sharing, I do a fair amount to keep things running for piCorePlayer,  but I'm purely interested in headless/minimal OS operations.

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2019, 05:47:40 AM »
i see Paul,

So it's not that it's not possible, (As we just saw with Vivaldi)....all be it,..... with issues...
(...but Vivaldi  didn't seem excessive effort).

... i suspect if you know a thing or two about TCL ARM and Debian ..... it would perhaps NOT be so error prone porting over something like Epiphany (Arm) from Raspbian.

I am not sure what you mean about video drivers in TCL ARM.?
Even a Pi Zero on TCL ARM should  already fully play video via FFPLAY tool from the repo. (at 480p approx)

But you are saying you (+ the forum) are not interested in getting a couple of good efficient web browsers
functioning on low end RPi's in TCL arm....?

hmmm.....   ( i should look into it.....maybe)

It seems a bit silly to have a web--base nomadic distro like TCL ARM without any reasonable modern
web browsers.  (Say LUAKIT, KWEB or EPIPHANY ) lightweight.

Thx

Vin

Offline TimJ

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2019, 07:51:30 AM »
Like Paul I have very little interest in the piCore GUI. My interest is in a lightweight, robust O/S for unattended IOT style devices. They must be guaranteed to survive an unexpected power interruption, piCore is a perfect fit.

However I would agree that it is a a niche interest. I also agree that today if you have a GUI you need a modern Web browser.

I know very little about X so I am not well placed to port X based packages. My guess is that there is some incompatibility between Vivaldi and flwm (TC's window manager). I looked for an update to flwm but it appears that no work or updates have been done on it in the last 5 years.

piCore 9 supports the fifth browser, I looked at updating it, but in the documentation it said it does not handle any multimedia so in my view of limited use.

What browsers does TC x86 support? 

Tim.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2019, 07:56:21 AM »
x86 supports chromium-browser, dillo, e-links, epiphany, fifth, icecat, links, minefield, netsurf, palemoon, qtweb and seamonkey.

piCore-9.x had gtk3, so it should be possible to compile a gtk3 browser.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:58:28 AM by Juanito »

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »
Right guys,

Thanks a lot for replying with constructive thoughts.

TCL x86 has several other browsers too like "Links" and "Links-graphics" ...i think

Yes, a modern browser should do full multimedia.

Thanks for the info about "fifth" web browser running on Pi core 9 (arm).....it is useful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah.....they are topics that interest me.

Topics such as the FREE

[REMOVED]: Remainder of post borders on SPAM.  Rich

https://[Deleted due to forum policy violation]

thanks

Vin

[EDIT]: Link and second half of post removed.  Rich
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:22:28 PM by Rich »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2019, 05:38:22 PM »
Hi vinceASPECT
Please refrain from promoting products and services on this forum.

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »
OK yeah....sorry

I am just looking to getting RPi efficiency and i realize TCL is a Ram only distro
and therefor very good for that......but i can't find a reasonable modern web
browser for Pi core.

V

Offline TimJ

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2019, 04:21:37 AM »
I now have Chromium-browser running on piCore :). It is not a native build, but a port from Raspbian's .deb. I still have quite a bit to sort out, but it looks really hopeful.

I will try and put together a tcz in the next few days.

Tim

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »
Tim,

Well that's great news.

Chromium-browser is quite good isn't it. 
It does accept the extensions "ecosystem" right Tim...?

Tim, i don't know if it is any help to you or forum , but on Tiny-corepure 64 (x86) there is a tcz called Opera 62.

When running that Opera, you simply install it's add-on called  " install chrome extensions" from
Opera's add on's library........Once you have done that,...all Chrome web Store extensions can be optionally used and installed into Opera 62 .............they all work fine.

Yes,,,,also Tim and forum........it may be worth mentioning "Seamonkey" browser which seems to
be remarkably compatible while never really getting updated that much.  It seems to cope with youtube
and many other reasonable media websites. 

I don't know if you could easily port Seamonkey to ARM ......but i know that Seamonkey knocks around in the repo's on x86 and has always been around

Sorry....i was typing this message ages ago......then i was distracted and i am now trying to remember
items to include

Yes Tim, i also wondered if the forum or devs ever spin up VM machines simulating a Pi Zero specs...1 gig cpu and 512ram etc...?.......i mean for checking performances and so forth. Whether or not that would be ARM or x86 x64 i don't know.  I don't know what VM machines the tools are capable of spinning up.

recently i have found very simple ways to run any x86 apps on ARM. There are some solutions out there
that offer "native speeds". pretty much.

Oy yeah Tim........pls don't go out of your way Sir.......it's a lovely addition and will happen in your
good time.  (Chromium browser on ARM TCL pi Core.

if i think of anything i will type another message. Many thanks Tim for even bothering
to consider such a topic .......how may a web browser help you ?

Uh...well Chromium does offer many avenues via extensions....

thanks

VIn

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 01:39:18 PM by vinceASPECT »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2019, 02:05:20 AM »
Yes Tim, i also wondered if the forum or devs ever spin up VM machines simulating a Pi Zero specs...1 gig cpu and 512ram etc...?.......i mean for checking performances and so forth. Whether or not that would be ARM or x86 x64 i don't know.  I don't know what VM machines the tools are capable of spinning up.

see: http://www.tinycorelinux.net/10.x/x86/tcz/qemu_arm.tcz.info

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2019, 05:22:53 AM »
Yes Juanito.

So TCL has a way of emulating Arm (ontop of intel) ....it seems.

Also found this build.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rpiqemuwindows/

............32 million raspberry pi's have now been sold.....

........i expect that's how different builds exist....... and so many OS's for it tiny price point.

thx

Vin

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2019, 05:46:05 AM »
I'm not sure what is meant by "ontop of intel", but the RPi emulation is not great as, last time I looked, the BCM2835 USB controller was not supported.