WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Any way to double FLTK app size?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline PDP-8

Any way to double FLTK app size?
« on: May 24, 2019, 03:31:27 AM »
Is there any way short of recompiling fltk / flwm to perhaps double the default Tinycore application sizes on screen, since I'm running a full native resolution (and loving it!)

I like those apps.  And now I am totally stoked with the UEFI / Xfbdev combo for my needs.  I did install fltk-full for some bolder fonts with fltk, which makes them a bit easier to read, but would love to say double the entire application size on screen.

Note: I have my normal terminal apps well under control with font sizing, it's just the cool TC default apps I'd like to tweak larger.

Maybe something like fltk-full-double-size.tcz?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:33:02 AM by PDP-8 »
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Any way to double FLTK app size?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »
FLTK 1.4 (under development) supports arbitrary scaling, intended for these Retina displays, but also usable for non-ideal eyesight. It does mean recompiling all affected apps against it, and hasn't been released, but you might be interested in trying it out.

There are also some generic magnifiers, xmag comes to mind.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline PDP-8

Re: Any way to double FLTK app size?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 03:41:06 AM »
Thanks - I'll dig into that a bit.  I don't run any external fltk apps, so It isn't critical - at this juncture since I spend so much time in the terminal anyway, it's more a cosmetic thing than anything else now.
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth