Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Corepure64

cheese pseudo-works (no image capture)

(1/3) > >>

nick65go:
'ldd /usr/local/bin/cheese | grep not' shows that there are not directly missing libraries. I run lsmod, and my integrated web-cam drivers show-up as loaded. but image is black/ not capturing.
I remember that cheese was OK in VirtualBox under win10, I need to check if cheese was 32 or 64 bits, and come back with snapshots attached, if/when working in another environment.

from the snapshot image attached and the messages, I guess that a libvpx is wrong version... or a dependency is missing.
summary: out of the box, cheese is not working in TC10 x64.

nick65go:

--- Code: ---tc@box:~$ uname -a
Linux box 4.19.10-tinycore64 #1999 SMP Tue Dec 18 15:18:54 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
--- End code ---

tested in virtualbox also,with the same 'machine' configuration for both TC8x32 and TC10x64.
in tc8x32 works, the HP camera shows by face :)
in tc10x64 the black screen shows white on black 'No device found'. But on a real machine it did not show this message, it is just blank.
tc@box:~$ cheese                                                                                                                                     
** Message: 21:39:41.637: cheese-application.vala:211: Error during camera setup: No device found
(cheese:9778): cheese-CRITICAL **: 21:39:41.680: cheese_camera_device_get_name: assertion 'CHEESE_IS_CAMERA_DEVICE (device)' failed

nick65go:
FYI: testing/recording the webcam can be done just with mplayer, or VLC.
in VLC just using menu 'open capture device' / capture device tab, capure mode= video camera.
then play/see in real time. Use pause to take a photo, or recording to have  a movie, etc.

So, for a Linux x64 (with BIG size apps, fire firefox, vlc), cheese become ...useless.
summary: not big deal is this aplication will not be recompiled...

Juanito:
cheese works for me in CorePure64 10.x - there are a few warnings about missing gstreamer deps, but otherwise things seem OK and I can take a photo and video:
--- Code: ---$ cheese
(cheese:10938): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:37:55.343: Theme parsing error: cheese.css:7:35: The style property GtkScrollbar:

** (cheese:6828): WARNING **: 08:36:26.709: Icon 'image-jpeg' not present in theme Adwaita

** (cheese:6828): WARNING **: 08:36:26.716: could not generate thumbnail for /home/tc/.gnome2/cheese/media/2019-05-13-083609.jpg (image/jpeg)

$ ls /home/tc/.gnome2/cheese/media
2019-05-13-083609.jpg   2019-05-13-084215.webm
--- End code ---

Maybe you could try checking for updates with the apps gui?

nick65go:
All the time, as a thumb rule before reporting something, I use the default tools, like apps, to update the *.dep and check/update all downloaded *.tcz.
The thing is (I suspect), that more and more developers will compile from IDE (integrated environment) like gnome, lxde etc :(
So extra dependecies, or extra config files, will become necesary (they should not) in a SIMPLE (out of the box, flwm + aterm) TC, like I use for testing/reprting to you.
IMHO, if you start testing with boot code base, norestore, maybe you will see what I mean.

For example, I do not have ~/.gnome folder after I use tce-load -iw cheese.tcz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version