WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: CorePure64 splash screen  (Read 1929 times)

Offline alexo

CorePure64 splash screen
« on: March 22, 2019, 04:36:06 AM »
Hello forum,

My old Acer Aspire 5315 booting up shows at the very first moments some ugly messages of error from POST process that AFAIK doesn't produce any missfunction. These messagese disappear substituted by a wonderful splash screen when I booted a USB CorePure64 iso.
I installed CorePure64 but the annoying messages showed up again and I have no splash screen.

So I'm wondering and ask you if there's a way to put this image on my USB disk so that it is shown every reboot.

Thank you

Offline Pats

Re: CorePure64 splash screen
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 08:13:59 PM »
Posted by alexo :
.So I'm wondering and ask you if there's a way to put this image on my USB disk so that it is shown every reboot.

I dont know your exact problem, but when I came across such problem , I solved it by formating my USB stick thru Windoz Fat32 and re-installed TCL .
... Backup , if any data on the USB stick before formating ! . .. :)

Offline alexo

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 01:54:00 AM »
I have not Windows available anymore.
As I said booting the CorePure64 USB ISO has the splash screen, but if I install CorePure64 via CorePlus and selecting to download the 64bit version from the internet, I get no splash screen.

Any help?

Offline Pats

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 04:00:31 AM »
@alexo
..OK.
 I never took intetest in SplashScreens, but  if you are intersted , then,  pl Try following discusion about SplashScreen :
 http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=18122.0

... More extra reading at :
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:boot_splash

Offline alexo

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »
the image I would like to use has the text "Tiny Core" in white over a black background and some nice effects.
It is in the CorePure64 iso but I don't know where to find it.

Thank you Pats for the link to the appropriate forum discussion. I hope I can use it.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 12:10:27 PM »
Ah, you mean the framebuffer boot logo. You get that when booting with a framebuffer (see the FAQ for the vga= codes). Corepure64 usb likely booted via EFI, which also makes the system use a fb.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline alexo

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 03:42:04 AM »
Hi curaga.

where can I find the image? what is its name?
If I start understanding the matter it should be just a matter of a bootcode and of placing the image in the right folder. Is that correct?

I have 2 notebooks, the newer one is an HP pavillon which boots with EFI, but I'm not able to boot CorePure64 from there.

Offline alexo

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 08:14:11 AM »
I read the discussions linked by Pats but I don't know how to edit tc-config the file it's too complicated.

anyway the problem solved itself when I add the vga=791 bootcode to the extlinux.conf file.
Now I get the image shown without load anything. That's right what I wanted.

I'll try to study this topic more
for now I thank you all for your help.

cheers,
alexo