WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: file-roller shared library missing  (Read 2423 times)

Offline alexo

file-roller shared library missing
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:32:52 AM »
Hi forum,

yesterday I decided to give corepure64 a try. Up to now I used tinycore 32 bit version.
I installed corepure64 and made it working without problems and today I decided to install some extensions that could be useful.

I have to signal that the only problem I got with the newly installed extension is with file-roller. It is a bit old, but most importantly it didn't start.

launching it fron within aterm it says:

Code: [Select]
file-roller: error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I had to install nettle.tcz to make it working.

Another strange thing: file-roller can be launched only by terminal, the ondemand entry has no effect.

thank you.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:40:21 AM by alexo »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: file-roller shared library missing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:51:22 AM »
Hi alexo
It appears that  libarchive.tcz  which  file-roller.tcz  depends on got updated.  libarchive.tcz  now depends on  nettle3.tcz  instead
of  nettle.tcz,  which  file-roller.tcz  still requires.

Offline alexo

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:13:14 AM »
Hi Rich,

what do you think about starting file-roller from cli only? Is that anything some one else ever noticed?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:11 AM »
Hi alexo
Maybe it's a problem with using it with  ondemand.  Does it work any better if it gets loaded  onboot?  Another possibility is
an error in the  /usr/local/share/applications/file-roller.desktop  or the  /usr/local/tce.installed/file-roller  files.

Offline alexo

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 01:06:15 PM »
Hi Rich,

I put it onboot but there is not the icon of the program in wbar after the reboot of Tinycore, so it still remains the console the only way to execute the program.
The first file that you mention does not seem to me to be pertinent with this problem because I found in it only the translations of some text strings of the program in many languages, and the second file contains the following:
#!/bin/sh
gtk-update-icon-cache -q -f -t /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor
glib-compile-schemas /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 01:19:34 PM »
Hi alexo
You initially stated:
... Another strange thing: file-roller can be launched only by terminal, the ondemand entry has no effect. ...
There was no mention of a missing icon.  /usr/local/share/applications/file-roller.desktop  should have a line that looks like:
X-FullPathIcon=/usr/local/share/pixmaps/file-roller.png

Offline alexo

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 01:52:51 PM »
Hi Rich,

you asked me to try to load file-roller onboot and I told you what happens if I do that. In wbar no icon.
I attach the file /usr/local/share/applications/file-roller.desktop.
Hope that it helps.

Thank you for your patience : )

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »
Hi alexo
There are a bunch of entries missing from the  .desktop  file. I copied the missing entries from an older version of the extension
into the file you provided. I'm not sure the  X-GNOME  entries are required so I commented them out. If you copy the attached
file to  /usr/local/share/applications/file-roller.desktop  and then right click on the wbar, I think it will reload the  .desktop  file
and display an icon.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 10:15:32 PM »
updated file-roller posted